Part 25

I stepped outside and the airport terminal. The cold air again not giving me any relief of stress. I walk back towards Ed's car, knowing he must have a stash of cigarettes somewhere.
When rummaging in the back of his car I find his guitar. It casts my mind back to Lizzie complimenting me the day before of my singing.

I am successful in finding a box of cigarettes and a lighter wedged into his glove compartment. I lit on up and begin driving home. The lightest tears began to form in the corner of my eyes. It was almost as if the universe felt the same way I did. The skies changed dark and it began to rain.

Within half an hour, I return Ed's mini to its space and rest my head on the stirring wheel. I was casting my mind back to how brilliant the past few months have been. My thoughts were disturbed by my phone buzzing.

Lizzie 💛
Through security, about to get something to eat for the plane. Let me know when you get back safe x

Ing 💜
Glad it went smoothly, missing you so much already! I've found Ed's guitar in his car x

Lizzie 💛
You have no idea how much I want you here with me! I'm hoping you're practicing for when I come back! I can't wait to hear x

Ing 💜
Of course! I will steal it from him and get practicing for you!

I pressed send and unlocked the door, reached into the back and pulled the guitar and placed it around my back. I locked the door of the mini and began to walk towards my flat. I opened the door to see everyone who attended yesterday sat there.

"She's gone already?" Gerry looked towards me with a sad smile, I gave a nod.
"Oh she's gone so you have something else to make noise with!" Naomi tried to lighten the mood referring to the guitar.
"I hope you don't mind, can I borrow?" I turned to Ed.
"Ing, of course! It was a hobby that hasn't exactly picked up" he chuckled. I smiled at him. I turn to head towards my room.
"Not yet!" Fern called after me. "Have a cup of tea with us. We know how your feeling Ing" she continued passing me a mug of steaming tea.

I sit with everyone with my cup of tea. Everyone was discussing when they are going home and we all seemed to be going around the same time. I finished my tea and thanked Fern for the drink and then picked up the guitar and headed to me room.
I unzipped the case and admired the instrument. It was a beautiful fender guitar, just the kind I used to play. I began to strum the strings trying to get the guitar in tune, when my phone vibrated. I felt a smile form.

Lizzie 💛
Speak to you on the other side, I love you ❤️

Ing 💜Oooo look at you in first class!  Don't enjoy yourself too much! This is my current set up! Have the safest journey! I love you xx

Ing 💜
Oooo look at you in first class!  Don't enjoy yourself too much! This is my current set up! Have the safest journey! I love you xx