Part 22

The next morning I woke up pretty fresh after a bit of a lie in. As I leant down the side of my bed and grabbed my phone I looked to see it was 10:15 and we both had a lecture at 11 which I already knew Lizzie wasn't going to turn up to. I slid her arm from around my waist and go out of bed and quietly got changed. I was just finishing putting my sweatshirt on over my head when I noticed Lizzie began to stir in her sleep and as I admired her morning beauty her eye fluttered open.

'Where are you going?' She gave a confused look as she perched herself up with her elbows. 

'I am going to go to the lecture' I say as I was about to lean in to give her a kiss goodbye.

'No just stay' She pulled my neck down causing me to topple on top of her.

'I'll make good notes so you can copy them' I winked as I got back up.

'But I am poorly, do you not love me enough to look after me' She rubbed her forehead as her hangover started to form.

'I'm not too sure if that counts for self inflicted illnesses like a hangover' I laughed as I grabbed my rucksack from my desk.

Lecture was boring as everyone was hungover, so didn't turn up. It was only me and Ed out of our friends at the beginning  of the lecture and that soon just turned to be me by the end of the lecture as he was not looking great half way through and  he ran out to be sick.

After the lecture I decided to quickly go to the supermarket that was on campus to get all the ingredients for the Christmas dinner which was on Saturday and it was now Thursday afternoon, tomorrow was written off with a fake Christmas eve where Lizzie wanted a day for us two  before the fake Christmas on Saturday. I ran around the supermarket as quickly as I could picking the vegetables and meat and other bits people had suggested, I ticked them off Naomi's list she had texted me a couple of days before so I knew I had everything. Just as I went to pay I picked up a pastry for Lizzie as I knew she would still be asleep in my room.

I returned to my flat and quietly opened my door to see that Lizzie was still sound asleep so I decided to go to the kitchen to put all of the food I had brought away before I returned to my room with two cups of tea and the pastry I had brought for Lizzie. As I opened the door and edged towards my bed Lizzie's eyes fluttered open in a similar style to earlier.

'Here you go baby' I handed her over one of the mugs as she sat up in bed to drink it. I then past her the pastry which she seemed happy I had brought her something to eat.

'So little one, I hate to break it to you but tonight we will have to be apart' I admitted as I needed to decorate the flat with my housemates and wrap her presents up.

'That's fine with me baby, I need to do a couple of things for tomorrow' she replied.

The rest of the afternoon was spent chilling making sure we had everything we both needed for the next two days as they were planned to be spent basically no leaving the flat. After we had a little nap whilst cuddling, Lizzie decided she was going, which felt weird because normally the only time she gets up to leave alone is because of drama society.

As soon as she left I got all of the shopping bags from on top of my wardrobe down, pulling out Lizzie's presents and Naomi's secret Santa present, I took the rest into the living room where the other three were sat waiting on the sofa debating Christmas songs.

'Ingrid, best Christmas song?' Naomi turned as I walked through the door with the bags of decorations.

'Fairy-tale of New York' I announced which got some mixed reviews.

'HA Yes!' Fern shot her arm up in the air. whilst the other two mumbled.

'What did everyone else say?' I questioned as I emptied the contents on the shopping bag on the table.