No pain, no game (2/2)✅

Start from the beginning

-Our next challenge will be... spending ten seconds in a wooden crate with Sasquatchanakwa. Tough one. Bridgette, you haven't complained in a while, so you can choose the next victim. - Chris says.

I sit next to DJ, patting his back and checking all the bandages I placed on his bruised muscles. I'm so proud of him, considering his fear of snakes.

Everyone starts to chant Courtney's name, and Bridgette simply nods. I look at a brunette, and she's pale. She's trembling with fear.

Confessional

Alexandra: Let's make one thing clear, she was so scared she would probably get herself killed and, I won't let anyone die on my watch, not even her.

-I'll do it for her.- I stand up and confidently walk to the box.

-What?! -DJ screams and faints.

-No, you won't. -Duncan takes my hand.

-Yes, I will. I'm not letting her die, and I can see she's not capable of pulling a stunt like this. -I look at him.

-So you're getting yourself hurt, not on my watch, princess.

-Who said I'll get hurt? I'm a tough player. I can handle this. -At the cue, the animal in the box starts roaring and baning.

-Duncan is right.- Geoff takes my other hand.

-You don't have to sacrifice for her.- Gwen yells at me.

-I think all of you need to calm down. I'm not sacrificing anything. Why can't you just trust me? I know what I'm getting myself into.

I break free from the boy's grip and turn to the box. It's sending shivers down my spine and filling me with anticipation. I wink at the trembling Courtney and go into the box.  Chef closes the door after me. It's dark and stuffy. The beast starts to roar, and that's when an idea pops into my head. I scream even louder than the animal which makes it lose composure. It stays there frozen and quite scared of me. I glare at him to keep him in the corner of the box, and it's working. Soon the door opens, and I step out of the box, still looking at the animal. I look away after the door is fully closed. I feel a strong hand turn me around and examine my body.

-She's ok. She's ok. -Chris announces.

I'm embraced in a warm hug, and the smell of cologne helps me recognize Geoff. I return the hug while my heart is beating like crazy.

-Alexandra stuck it out, so Courtney is out of the game! Reckless choice by Courtney. Still, let's give her props for sticking it to a teammate.

Geoff leads us to the seats, and I gladly plop down next to Duncan.

-Are you alright? You're shaking. -He places a hand on my thing.

-It's just a mixture of excitement and fear. Oh and I totally managed to do that, not a biggie, Duncey. Is DJ fine? -I smile cockily.

-Bridgette managed to wake him up, but he's kinda woozy, and don't call me that. -Duncan points towards DJ.

-I should check on him. -I want to stand up, but Duncan keeps me in my seat.

-Maybe for once, you should check on yourself and be selfish. You deserve some rest. Bridgette is with him, she can handle that.

-If you say so.- I say unconvinced.

-Calm down. -He leans in and kisses my cheek. -Better.

-Was it supposed to calm me down? -I move away slightly.

-Yeah, did it work?- He smirks.

-You're impossible of course it didn't.- I cross my arms.

-You'll come for more, princess. Just wait.