Planning the Big Day and an Unexpected Surpise

As my eyes slowly adjust to the bright hospital lights the door to my private room is pushed open with a bang as it comes into contact with the plaster wall behind it and in storms the ward nurse. She fumbles around with sheets attached to the end of my bed. Her hand glides effortlessy along the pages totally in sync with the black biro pen.

"Ah good, glad your awake. We need to get you your medication, and the Doctor will be in at about 9:00am. I will be back shortley with the medication"

Her bland and draining voice spits out before she exits the way she came in with a lous bang. I shake my head at her incondierate behaviour, but shrug it off. I rub my barely awake eyes and manage to pull my heavy body into a sitting position. My eyes wander the boring same old room I have been stuck in for almost a month. My eyes fix on the window. The cream coloured curtains have been pulled back letting in the blinding, but warm sunshine. My mind goes into a world of it's own until I have this urge to text the girls and tell them the great news.

I don't hesitate and in one swift motion I manage to grab my phone of the bed side table, unlock it and create a group message.

*Group SMS*' to; Chelsea Moore, Jessica Merdita, Teegan Hellmiss'

Heey !

I have the most exciting news! I don't feel it is the right thing to send over a text so I will make sure to call you all really soon !! Steph and I have made up and are friends again, thank goodness. Missing you all so much. Can't wait to come back home and for everything just to go back to normal. Keep an eye on Darcy for me, you know how Niall can get (; love you xxx

I leave Stephanie out of the message because I have already told her. I hit the send button and watch as the little white bar turns green indicating that the message has been sent successfully. I go through all the apps on my phone hoping to find something to pass the time. I begin to play temple run.

*BANG* The white door swings open again, making me jump out of my skin. My phone flys out of my hands and bounces onto the hard mattress. In storms the grumpy ward nurse with a tray full of my daily medication. She administers all the medication and hands me a foam cup with some water. I take a big swig out of the cup and swish the cool refreshing water around my mouth a few times just remove any left over after taste. The nurse collects everything, reminds me again that the Doctor will be in at 9, and leaves. Thank god.

I pick up my phone and see I have 1 unread text message. It's Niall.

From Niall ;  

hey love (: we just boarded the plane and Darcy is so excited to see you, I swear she will bounce off the walls! see you soon xo

My mouth drops open, as I try to decipher the text message. Did Niall say he just boarded an aeroplane? And with Darcy!? I quickly fumble around with my phone and hit the reply button. I type away trying to get a text back to him before the flight takes off, but my fingers keep hitting the wrong letters making it difficult for me to compose this text. I finally finish the text message, not knowing if he will reply.

To Niall ; 

Heyy, what is going on? You and Darcy are coming over? Niall, I'm really confused here !! xo

I hit the send button as fast as I can. I check the time, it's 8:30am. Half and hour before the doctor comes. I stare at my phone, hoping my strict gaze may bring on a reply from Niall.

"Ah good morning Miss Meyers. I see the baby's father won't be joining us this morning?" My head shoots up in the direction of the voice. I see the Doctor gently close the door and make her way over to the papers on the end of my bed, just like the nurse did.