Almost Time

I've been staring at Steph's contact details for the past half an hour. I just can't bring myself to press the button that begins the call. Questions run through my head like, what if she hangs up once she know's it's me. Or, she tells me she never wants to see me or speak to me again. If she did something like that. 20 seconds of courage, that is all it would take. Just as I go to press the call button my phone begins to ring, giving me a slight shock. Before I answer I take a look at the caller ID. It's Harry, without hesitation I immediatley answered it.

"Harry!" I say with delight.

"Madison, I'm so sorry. I left my phone in a rental car, and then we were having troubles getting it back. Then Niall told me the good news, and then without even thinking I went and booked flights, and then Simon just came and told me they found my phone, and returned it too me, and now here I am calling you, and explaining this weird weird story. Babe my day has been so stressful" He said in such a fluster I could barely understand.

I couldn't help but laugh."Harry, calm down. It's alright. The baby hasn't come yet and won't for a few more days at the least. There's nothing to worry about" I said ending with another giggle, and trying to calm him down

"Oh thank god. So when is the baby due?" He said eager to know the details.

"Well the Doctor is coming in tomorrow morning to talk about birthing options and dates. Did I hear you say you booked flights?" I answer his question and then bring up my own.

"I did. I leave really early tomorrow morning and should arrive about midnight" Harry says.

"I can't wait to see you, I've missed you alot. What did Simon say about you just dropping everything and leaving?" I question worried about his work.

"No Simon was cool about it all. He said to send his best wishes to us as a family" Harry goes on. A family. Us a family. I feel a smile creep across my face. It's really happening. Everything I have ever wanted in my life. To marry the one I love, and to have beautiful children.

"Madi; are you there love?" Harry's voice booms into my ear pulling me from my thoughts. Thats twice I 've done that today.

"Sorry love. It's just I'm over the moon that our beautiful baby is going to be alright, and we are going to get to meet him or her, and raise him or her, watch him or her grow and become the beautiful person that he or she was and is going to be. And I'm marrying my one true love and Darcy is going to have a little baby brother or sister and everything is falling into place" I end the sentence with a content sigh.

"Thats why I love you Madison. After all you've been through you deserve everything to fall into place, and I'm going to make it my mission that everything stays there" Harry says reasurance dripping from his tone.

"I'm so lucky to have you Harry. I have one more question to ask you before you have to go?" I ask him knowing fully well I will get a truthful and honest answer.

"Shoot. Ask me anything you want" His voice rings in my ear.

"Well I was talking to Teegan before you called and she was telling me how everyone wants me and Steph to work things out. I so badly want to do it, but I have no idea what too say? What should I do." I whine into the phone like a little kid who has just been told they cannot get the toy they so badly want.

"Call her and tell her exactley how you feel. We all just want to be friends again and we all want things to go back to how they used to be. I'm sure thats how you and Steph both feel. It's only the right thing to." His soothing voice mimicks the tone of a counsellor.

"Ok. I need to do it, it's the right thing to do. Thanks Dr.Harry" I playfully joke around, but knowing that his words a exactley right, and what I have to do.

"Your very welcome Miss.Styles." He plays along with the joke and joins in. I can't help but laugh.

"Ahh Styles. I better let you go now baby. I'll see you sometime tomorrow right?" I say after controlling my laughter

"Yeah I better get back to the boys and pack my stuff. They all can't wait till you can come back! I can't wait to see you beautiful, I love you"

"Neither can I. I love you too" I reply and then the call ends. I sigh. Back to where I was before, sitting alone in this bland and boring hospital contemplating whether or not I should call Stephanie. I decide to get up and walk around for a bit, my legs feel slightly numb after sitting around all day. I walk over to the window and peer out at the outside world from 7 stories high. Everything seems so green and plentifull.

"When was the last time I went outside?" I questioned myself? I tried to jot my memory. It had been such a long time I can't even remember. I waddle my fat pregnant self back over to the hospital bed and resume my postion. My phone sits there sending me guilt stares. Madison stop being such a wimp and just do it. I take my 20 seconds of courage and scroll through my contacts until I come across Steph. I hit the diall number and it begins to ring. I have finally done it, I accomplished it. What if she doesn't answer? questions spin around inside my head until a quiet and sweet sounding voice brought me back down to earth.

"Hello?" It was Steph. I gasped she answered.

"Hello, is everything alright?" Her sweet and gentle voice asked me again.

"ah..um..hi ah- Steph it's Madi" I gulped, slightly annoyed that I'm letting my nerves get the better of me.

"Madi? Madi Meyers?" She questioned, sounding quite confused.

"Yeah, Madi Meyers. Steph look I just wanted to say-"

"Madi, look I know why your calling, and I accept your apology. I'm over fighting with you, it's not worth it and it's just straining our beautiful friendship that we share" Steph say's calmly.

"So your not angry at me?" I question now sounding confused.

"At first yes, but after like the first week I thought it was stupid .I wanted to come and see you but then all those bad things happended, and I was take aback a little bit and thought I hold on. But Madi, I'm totally over it, and I just want us to be friends again. Lets leave it in the past?" I felt releif rush over me as she was saying all this.

"Of course. I'm so glad you feel the same way. Although it was a stupid and childish act I made, and I totally understand why you reacted that way." I explained myself so she understood I knew what I did was wrong.

"Madi, it's fine. I'm glad that it's over now and we can ressume our friendship. I missed talking to you Madi, alot .But I'm eager to know what's going on with you and the baby! And did I hear that there maybe a wedding in the future?" Her voice full of excitment.

"I missed talking to you too Steph. The baby and I are fine, actually I will be giving birth hopefully in the next few days, if everything goes to plan! And yes you did hear right, Harry proposed when we found out that there was going to be complications with the baby. But everything has worked out and finally going to plan" I went on the explain the details and answer all the questions she had. We ended the call after about 2 hours worth of convosation.

I had one of my best friends back. My baby was due in a few days. My future husband was coming tomorrow. Everything has really turned around for me, and I'm going to make sure it stays that way.

A/N

Hey Guys,

Short Chapter, and I know it's kind of a filler chapter. I'm glad Madison made amends with Stephanie, aren't you !!! What do you think the baby will be? A boy or a girl.....!!!!!! I'm excited for the birth of the baby !!!! wooohooooo. Remeber vote, comment and fan !! <3 New Cover !!!!!! Thanks to the talented @SkyLabrinth. It looks great right !!!!! mwaahhh <3

xoxobohoprincess