三十四 ;

-ˋˏ welcome back ˎˊ-▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

it was so warm. all the pain you felt from before was gone. you felt like you were being embraced. you slowly opened your eyes, squinting at the bright sun that was staring down at you.

a soft breeze blew pass you, the flowers brushing against each other. pink petals were falling down. everything was so quiet and peaceful. you felt like laying there forever.

who knew the afterlife was so calming. this was too good to be true. you slowly pushed yourself up, standing properly. you looked at your surroundings.

you were in a garden, a house in front of you. was there someone else here? you started making your way to the front of the house. and as you neared the entrance, you heard voices.

just as you turned the corner, you saw the door sliding open. kyojuro and kurai walking out of the house together. they had smiles on their faces, as if everything was okay.

they were conversing with each other, laughing around.

"i understand, she can be really stubborn sometimes," the voice you had missed so much spoke, "but thank you for taking care of her."

"ah, no problem kyojuro! i had fun," kurai laughed.

"kyojuro... kurai..." you mumbled out, voice cracking as a lump formed in your throat.

upon hearing your broken voice, the two boys turned around to face you.

it really was them.

warm tears streamed down your face as you cried silently. when kyojuro gave you that warm smile he always did, you couldn't help but have a full on breakdown.

you were a crying mess, "kyojuro..." you cried out, running towards him. you immediately threw your arms around him, crying into his shirt.

"i'm so sorry, i'm so sorry kyojuro! please don't hate me! i know what i did was wrong! i-"

you stopped talking when you felt him place his warm hands on top of your head. "it's okay [y/n], i understand why you did all that. and i would never hate you."

you slowly pulled away from him, rubbing the tears off your face. "but i'm really sorry..." you apologised.

turning to face kurai, you noticed how he looked more human now. his nails weren't sharp and pointy, his skin looked warmer, he looked more alive.

the white haired boy simply greeted you with his signature smile, "yo, i've been waiting for you. though i kinda hoped you would live longer-"

"no..!" you interrupted, "no, kurai... i missed you so much... geez..." you wiped at the stubborn tears.

live longer? that wasn't what you wanted. if you were honest, a small part of you was glad that you died.

there was no way you would be able to continue living a normal life without the two of them there. it wouldn't feel right.

and with akaza, douma and kokushibo gone, you really didn't feel like living in that world anymore.

it would've been so lonely. you were glad you died that night. even if you were given a chance to live again, you wouldn't take it.

— because at the end of the day, you just want to be with the people you loved.

next chapter :epilogue▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

next chapter :
epilogue
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬