十九 ;

-ˋˏ final decision ˎˊ-▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

blood tainted hands clawed away at the human flesh, sharp nails digging into their soft skin as blood painted the muddy ground. their pitiful screams rang through the forest as all they felt was pain raking through their beaten up body.  how long has it been? how many has he killed?

he stood there with disfigured bodies laying around him, body parts were scattered across the ground. he panted as his opened wounds healed. just as he thought it was over, footsteps neared him, causing a sigh to leave his lips. this was hopeless. not for him, but the demon slayers that were attempting to kill him.

rolling his shoulders back, he cracked his knuckles, getting ready for the next bunch. he waited. and waited. but then realised that the footsteps he heard earlier was now gone. his eyes darted around the darkness, trying to look for the demon slayer.

he furrowed his brows in confusion as he stood alone. maybe he was hearing things?

that thought quickly vanished as he felt a presence appear behind him. he turned his body to the side, dodging the blade in time.

"ara ara," a sweet voice sang out as a girl appeared in front of him. her purple eyes swept across the corpse laying on the ground, a look of sympathy appearing on her features. "you're kurai, right?" she returned her gaze back to him, her smile never leaving her face.

the demon only pursed his lips in a tight line, not bothering to answer her question. "can you not speak?" she questioned, tilting her head to the side. "well, it doesn't matter either way," she let out a puff of air, bringing her hands up, she begin swinging her sword skillfully. "i'm still going to kill you," her eyes narrowed as her smile grew.

"go ahead. try it."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

your door slammed open as kurai came stumbling in, out of breath. "kurai-"

"we gotta go," he breathed out, blood dripping out of his mouth. "wait, hold on a minute! what's up with you?" you looked at him in concern as blood started dripping out of his nose. "no no, there's no time!" he grabbed onto your wrist, pulling you out of your room. "stop, kurai you don't look too good. what happened?"

"i'm fine, i'm fine," he coughed out. his blood dripping all over your wooden floor. "kurai-"

"hold on," he pulled you towards him as darkness surrounded the two of you. and then it disappeared just as fast as it appeared. you looked around your surroundings, noting that he had teleported the both of you to a different place. though you recognised it as it was not too far from your house.

"come on, we gotta hurry-" his eyes widen as he choked on his words. dropping down to his knees, his hand clutched onto his chest as huge amount of blood spilled out of his mouth. "kurai!" you bend down to hold him up. "fuck... god damn it..."