九 ;

-ˋˏ a night out ˎˊ-▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

-ˋˏ a night out ˎˊ-
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

its been four months since rengoku's death. for the past few months, you had been going out with kurai almost every night. you couldn't help sticking around the cheery demon. he always knew how to make you feel better despite how sad you were, he reminded you of kyojuro.

akaza on the other hand, you hadn't seen him at all. but kurai told you that he was doing fine. which got you wondering, how did kurai know akaza.

he explained that muzan had actually suggested for him to become an upper moon as his strength matched their standards. but kurai refused. even so, he still hangs around the upper moons for fun. that's how he got to know them.

"[y/n], hurry up~" kurai complained, tired of waiting for you. "geez hold on, i'm almost done," you finished writing the last sentence of the report of one of your previous mission. "kay! done!" you placed the pen down, grabbing the sheets of paper.

"woohoo! let's go!"

"not yet-"

"what do you mean? you're done, aren't you?"

"yes but now i have to hand this to ubuyashiki-"

the black haired demon let out a groan, interrupting you. you just stared at him, waiting for him to shut up. "fine... let's go..." he groaned, dragging his feet along the dirt.

when you were nearing the ubuyashiki estate, kurai disappeared into thin air, hiding in your shadow.

you slid the door open, entering the room. "ubuyashiki-san? i'm here to hand in the report," you walked over to him.

"ah, thank you [y/n]," he took the sheets of paper from you before dismissing you. you gave a quick bow of respect before leaving.

"alright! let's go!" you jumped in excitement once you were a safe distance away from the house. "yes ma'am!" kurai appeared in front of you, grabbing onto your wrist. the two of you start running to where the town was located. apperently there's a festival happening tonight and kurai wanted to go there.

after a few minutes of running, you arrived at the town. lanterns were placed almost everywhere, lighting up the small town with warmth. "woah!" you gasped, running ahead. "pretty right?" kurai laughed.

"[y/n]! come try the tokoyaki! they used to be my favourite when i was a human," he brought you over to a stall. the streets were crowded with people and kids running around.

"hello!" the woman at the stall greeted with a huge smile. "how many do you want?" kurai asked. "hmm, two!"

"alright! two yakitori please!" after paying for the yakitori, the two of you continued walking around, going to different stalls and game booths.

two hours felt like ten minutes, before you knew it, it was already nearing midnight. [y/n]! [y/n]! hurry!" kurai pulled you along like a small child at a carnival.

"what's up?"

"there's going to be fireworks at midnight sharp!" he explained, pushing through the sea of people. "oh! really?"

"i know the best place to go to get a good view!" the two of you arrived at a hill, running up to where an abodoned house was found. you climbed up to the roof top, kurai following after.

from here, you had the perfect view of the town.

the two of you took a seat at the edge of the roof, your feet dangling off

the two of you took a seat at the edge of the roof, your feet dangling off. leaning back, you used your hands to hold your weight. "it's happening..!" kurai exclaimed excitedly.

"kurai?"

the two of your turned around at the familiar voice.

"what the fuck." your eyes widened. after not seeing him for months, you were surprised that you've managed to meet him again.

he walked over to the two of you, sitting next to you. "oh~ you came to see the fireworks too?" kurai asked, tilting his head forward to look at akaza.

"yeah, had nothing better to do," he turned to you, "what are you doing here?"

you narrowed your eyes at him not replying to his question.

"are you still mad? its been four months—"

"it doesn't change the fact that you murdered him."

"you're—"

"alright! okay! let's stop talking about that, mkay?" kurai interrupted akaza. standing up from where he was seated, he squeezed himself in between you and the upper moon. "come on, we're here to have some fun, let's forget about the sad things for now, yeah?"

you let out a sigh, turning away to look at the sky. "ah! there it is!" kurai exclaimed, pointing out to a burst of light, a loud explosion sounding through the dark sky. "ooahhh, pretty!" you gasped at the flower patterned fire works.

while you and kurai continued talking about how pretty the fireworks were, akaza stayed silent. out of curiosity, you stole a quick glance at him.

his gaze was fixed on the bright explosions, an empty look on his face. he looked so innocent like that, like a human boy instead of an upper moon. was his eyes always this pretty? you shook your head to rid your thoughts.

no [y/n], you're hallucinating. he's ugly.

averting your eyes away, you focused on the fireworks.

unbeknownst to you, a pair of grey eyes had caught you staring at the upper moon. a playful smirk appeared on kurai's face. he'll tease you about it later.

next chapter :red light district▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

next chapter :
red light district
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬