二十四 ;

-ˋˏ a taste of death ˎˊ-▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"they taste so much better! and have much more nutrients than men," douma explained. "you need to drink some respect woman juice," you scoffed, taking a bite out of your yakitori. "i do respect them! they're just healthier and better for a demon's body," douma countered.

"plus, i think akaza is the only demon who doesn't eat females, kinda weird," douma stated. "but he's strong," kurai added. "yeah, but he would be stronger if- hey stop moving," douma brought your head closer to him as he continued braiding your hair. "i'm not even moving, dumbass," you rolled your eyes, "plus isn't upper moon three already strong enough?"

"it's okay i guess..." douma hummed, "talking about ranks. you know, that man actually offered kurai to become an upper moon, but he refused!"

"eh?? kurai? an upper moon?" you tried to look at kurai but douma held your head in place with his hand. "[y/n]! stop moving your head, you're ruining it!"

"geez, okay okay," you let out a sigh, leaning back against him. "wait but why would you decline such an offer?" you asked kurai. "you know, the higher ranked you are, the higher his expectations is for you. and you get sent on harder missions, and all i want to do is slack."

"mood."

"you're just being lazy, but i understand!" douma agreed.

"ah! i'm done!" douma exclaimed, clapping his hands excitedly. you put your yakitori down, touching your braided hair. "here," douma stood up, grabbing your wrist and bringing you to a mirror, where you took a look at your hair.

"hey... it actually looks good..!" you complimented with a smile.

"of course it does, i was the one who did it."

"hands," you stated with a scowl on your face. "oops! my bad!" douma quickly removed his hands from around your waist, taking a step away from you.

ah! i forgot about something!" you hear kurai exclaiming. "[y/n]! i went to get something for that man last night at the village near by but they said to collect it today!"

"then go get it."

kurai averted his eyes to you with a sheepish smile, "[y/n]~"

"... no."

"please! i really need it! and it's morning right now..."

"no."

"come on don't be like that, it'll only take a while."

"no."

"..."

"..."

"..."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"useless piece of shit," you mumbled through gritted teeth as you walked down the path to the village.