十一 ;

-ˋˏ confusion ˎˊ-▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

-ˋˏ confusion ˎˊ-
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

zenitsu was placed in a room after they tended to his wounds. you decided to leave to go get him a cup of water for him to drink once he wakes up. with the glass of warm water in hand, you made your way back to the room.

as you neared the room, you sensed something inside. the same feeling you got when you first met akaza. your eyes widen, dropping the cup, you ran forward, sliding the door open.

you walked into the room, looking around. everything seemed fine, the only problem was, zenitsu. he was no where to be found. "damn it!" you cursed, turning around to go search for him. before you could walk out, the door slammed shut. "wha-" you feel something wrapping around your wrists, preventing you from moving. looking down, you see clothes from parts of a kimono.

"ah," you felt another one wrapping around your waist as if it was trying to swallow you. lifting up one of your legs, you stepped onto the piece that was wrapped around you right arm, tearing it away from you. with your free arm, you quickly took your sword out.

breath of flames, fourth form. blooming flame undulation.

swinging your sword in a circular manner, you got rid of all the cloth that were clinging onto you. "seriously, you demon slayers are so troublesome," a mouth appeared on one of the piece.

it lunged at you with its mouth wide open, flashing its fangs at you. you brought your sword up, slicing it in half. "where's zenitsu!"

"hm? that yellow hair boy?" the voice spoke, "stop fighting back and i'll take you to him~"

pieces of the fabric shot out from every corner of the room, aiming for you. breath of flames, fourth form. blooming flame undulation.

again, in one swift movement, you sliced them in half. you sensed another one behind you, spinning around you noticed it was already in front of you, just a few more inches and-

a hand shot out from the side, grabbing the cloth. "oops..." a voice sang from the side.

"kurai?!"

you stepped away, gaze falling on the demon in front of you. "yo, looks like i saved your life again," he teased.

"what's this? a demon working with a demon slayer?" the mouth spoke in disbelief. "you're that boy from last time-"

"blah, blah, blah, just shut up," kurai ripped the sash in half with little effort. "come on, you need to get out of here," kurai lead you to a window, pushing it open. "what about you?" you asked, noticing how the sun was still up.

"don't worry, i have my ways," he winked before disappearing into thin air. you rolled your eyes, jumping out of the window and climbing onto the roof.

"it looked like this!" a voice shouted from a distance. "like that! i saw it!"

inosuke.

you followed the voice, jumping from roof to roof, finally seeing two figures on one of them. "hey guys, sorry i'm late," you landed next to tanjiro. "[y/n]! you're oka-" tanjiro cut himself off, looking around, "w-where's zenitsu..?"

"s-sorry. he got caught," you clenched your fist, mad at yourself for not being able to do anything. "what..." tanjiro breathed out, a concerned look painting his face.

"i'm sorry," a voice spoke. the three of you turn around, seeing the sound pillar sitting down. "i think i put you guys in terrible danger." he frowned, "the desire to save my wives has caused me to commit a grave error."

"you three, get out of here now. if the demon here is an upper moon, you can't deal with them," uzui stood up, "i will regard people who have stopped sending me letters as dead. from here on, i will move on my own."

"w-wait, but zenitsu..! he's not... it just happened! he's still alive, i know he is!"

"did you see it happen?" uzui questioned.

"no... but when i got there, the demon tried taking me too, i managed to escape though," you explained.

"oh! you saw the demon too?" inosuke exclaimed. "i did, but then again, i don't think that's the real body," you shook your head. "the demon is definitely an upper moon, it can manipulate some sort of clothing. like sashes."

"all the more reason for the three of you to leave." with that uzui sped off into the distance. leaving the three of you alone.

"i'm staying." tanjiro claimed with a firm voice.

"so am i," you agreed.

"me too!" inosuke added.

"i believe that they're still alive. and i will act with that in mind. i'll save them for sure," tanjiro stated, a determined look on his face. "let's do our best to find them," tanjiro stated, facing his two companions. "and don't die under any circumstances."

with that the three of you split off, doing things your own way. for you, your priority right now was to find zenitsu and take down that demon. the sun was setting, so you assume kurai would appear soon. well, either way, when he does, you'll take the chance and ask him about this upper moon.

next chapter :

next chapter :

hide and seek
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬