29

Yet another funeral for Malia where she had to bury her family. She was now the only living member of her family and she did not know how to feel about it. They had rode through ashdom with Ella in her casket and Ezekiel in her arms until they were finally done and went back to the Palace like nothing had changed.

Malia hadn't shed a tear, hadn't frowned, nor had she truly accepted what happened. Everything had moved so fast and before she knew it she had to kill her mother. She was still healing from her attack and had to take herbs and medicines to get through the day, it was so excruciating. Nolan still blamed himself for everything she had to go through and the fact that he couldn't protect her like he should still weighed heavy on his heart. It was his job to and he was unsuccessful. After the head presentation, they had spent an entire day just talking about everything that had happened, everything they were to afraid to say to another person, everything they couldn't admit to themselves and most importantly they confided in their mistakes and the decisions they've made that will haunt them to their deaths.

Neither judged, neither felt like the other was a monster, neither felt anything other than more love for one another than they did before. Nolan had admitted he was naive to think that he could be everywhere at one time and protect her from everything, but the reality is there would be times they would not be together and whether they like it or not, threats are not going to stop appearing. Also, Malia had proven more than once that she was more than capable of taking care of herself and thinking that she needed a savior was an insult to her. Nolan accepted that and even more he was proud of that.

At this moment Polly was helping  Malia  change from her Funeral clothes back into her regular royalty dress and jewels.

"Polly I never thanked you for getting my son to safety.. and I don't want to be so consumed in my struggles that I don't acknowledge a win or more or less a true friend... thank you." Malia said to Polly as she was putting a necklace on her. Polly just smiled trying to hold back her tears.

"Please don't thank me my lady.. I only did as you asked. I wish I could have been of more help to you when you were being held captive." Polly said and Malia lightly chuckled

"I'm glad you weren't there .. you being able to leave the Alehouse without being caught up and that you were able to get back safely.. you've protected the future king." Malia said with a warm smile and Polly bowed before her.

"I'd do it again.." Malia nodded

"I know you would.." there was a light knock on the door and the two turned to the side to see Nolan looking with doting eyes.

"Can I show you something please.?" He asked and she lightly smiled and nodded. Polly helped her off the pedestal and Malia walked over to Nolan as they grabbed hold of each other's hands. Nolan brought the back of her hand up to his lips and kissed it softly.

"My love.." he said and deeply chuckled pulling her in closer. Malia was unaware as to what he wanted to show her but did not ask questions as he led her to the lower Bailey.

"What is It that you want to show me?.. I'm a little tired." She admitted growing a little impatient. She did not want to walk any more.

"Okay I'm sorry I don't want to ware you out.. but I just felt like this is something that I could do. I know I wasn't there to intervene and I know that none of this would ever happen to you If  you weren't my Queen but I'm so glad that you are. You've changed me in a lot of ways, don't get me wrong I am set in my ways of politics but when it comes to everything else you've sort of opened my eyes a lot. I love you profoundly." he said and Malia smiled and put her hand on the side of his face.

"And I you.. my king." To hear her still refer to him as such, the fact that she was so calm about everything was alarming to him. In the time they had been together she never let things go that easily. Even though they had talked, getting a deeper understanding of one another, one thing he had known before they loved each other was her hold onto grudges.