4

Malia stood impatiently on the stoop as her maidens dressed her for tonight's event. It took so long to get ready for these things and she had to look the part. On top of that all she wanted to do was walk around the gardens, do a little writing and rest. Alt ought her visit with her mother had her thinking about moving them into the palace so that she could feel more at home. Have them around and won't be lonely, all the friends she had were married and were already one kid down or two. The marriage age is usually after first sight of blood but selfish  Nolan still wanted his time alone before he had to marry and since he was king no one questioned him. Those who did.. felt the wraith.

After what seemed like forever Malia was finally ready and dressed for the event. She walked out of the chambers and to her husbands offices where she could ask him about moving her family. When she got to the door the guards stood tall and still in front of the door.

"Step aside I would like to speak to my husband." She said authoritatively. They did not do as she asked and she was getting very tired of that.

"Your grace, our orders are to stand in front of the door and not let anyone in." One of the guards said. Malia looked at him aggressively

"Even the Queen?" She asked annoyed with having to explain herself over And over. The guard cleared his throat.

"Especially you your grace.. that's were our strict orders." He said and just before she could respond the doors opened with the guards stepping aside and Dya manners exited, giggling and dough eyed. Malia clearly understood what was going on, and when the two women locked eyes, Dya immediately changed her demeanor. Dya bowed before Malia and could feel the coldest venting off of her Queens aura.

"Your grace.." She said standing upright once more. Malia looked her up and down slowly.

"What are you doing?" Malia asked calmly. Dya stuttered on her thoughts not knowing what to say. She had been summoned by the king and when she got there she was asked to entertain him for a while. To say no to the king was not a thought, not a choice.. she did what she was asked.

"I.. I was tending to the king. As he asked me to me your grace." Dya explained. The eye contact that Malia was holding with her, made Dya feel inferior. She knew that she would never walk in her shoes and even though she had only just become Queen she did not want to get on her bad side.

"Tending to the king.." Malia said and short laughed. "Walk away now... and you should make sure I never see you again, because I'd I do. It will be a big ordeal.. do you understand me?" Malia said walking up on Dya only centimeters away from her. They were the same height, and probably around the same age but in two totally different worlds. Dya may have be able to dwell and roam the courts as she please due to her father but she was no Queen.

Dya was still standing there melting in her shoes. Malia looked at her with an raised eyebrow

"Why are you still standing here?!" Malia yelled and Dya jumped and quickly walked away almost running down the halls. Malia turned her attention to the now opened doors and rushed inside seeing Nolan sitting at his desk looking over papers.

"I am busy at the moment. Whatever you want to complain about now with have to wait." Nolan said not looking up from what he was doing. Malia burned holes into his head furious at him.

"I will not be disrespectful!" She yelled loudly causing Nolan to look at her and slyly smirk.

"Are you referring to that Manners girl? She was just doing want I asked. And what does it matter to you. Any time I come near you, you look at me like I repeal you." He said and Malia scoffed. Whatever he was using to justify his actions was not cutting it. It didn't change the fact that he was disrespecting her in so many ways and knew it, and still chose to do what he did.