9

Malia laid in her bed trying to figure out want to do with herself as she was stuck in bed after feeling some stomach pains. She had had servants come in and out looking after her, tending to her as well as cleaning. She had one of them in the room right now and decided to spark a conversation

"What is your name?" Malia asked. The servant had stopped doing what she was doing and turned her head to look at Malia. She was confused on the question. No one ever asked her, her name before.. she had just kind of blended in.

"My name.. your grace?" She asked. Malia attempted to sit up a little bit but struggled. The servant rushed to her side and helped her and fluffed her pillows, allowing her to lay comforting back on them as she sat up.

"Thank you.. and yes your name.. what is it?" Malia asked again.

"Paulina.. but my friends and family call me Polly." Malia smiled at her answer. She felt like she was started to get familiar, her family was the lords of their village and they all knew who their tenants were. Living at the palace it was harder to keep up with everyone but she felt it was her duty to at least try.

"Polly.. I love that... it's beautiful" Malia said seeing Paulina's face light up with a smile.

"I thank you your Grace.. that's very kind of you.." Malia nodded

"Why don't you grab some wine and two glasses and pour some for yourself and me.. I want to know more about you miss Polly.. Im sorry is it Mrs?" Malia asked wanting to be respectful. Paulina was shocked with the random questions and kindness, not saying that the Queen was ever rude to her it just was unusual for her to act as such with the servants.

"It is Mrs.. my Lady.." Paulina said and Malia nodded watching her pour the wine and bring it to her and sit down aside her. Malia smiled

"So..."

.
.
.
Cecil was not pleased with Nolan's Nonchalant behavior.

"I hope you haven't come here in hopes of us not going to war, because that will never happen. I will be sitting on that throne parading around your grace." Cecil said with vigor. He had so much pent up anger built at Nolan for all these years. It was hard to not draw his swords his heart.

"Cecil... You know I don't back down from a fight.." Nolan said and Cecil chuckled knowing he could say something to excite the situation but decided against it

"Whatever... I suppose you didn't ask for this meeting for formalities.. what is it that you want?" Cecil asked and Nolan nodded

"I felt like I did you a favor by letting you live because I knew that you had nothing to do with the fiasco with Harrison but for you to threaten me in this way is beyond me and it will not go unrecognized. If you want a fight we'll have it, but I'm not gonna gonna put my men up against yours to fight for our petty personal history.. if you want a fight it will be your and I.. infront of the entire kingdom.. to the death." Nolan said. He had been thinking about a way to settle their issues, without unnecessarily blood shed. Even though he didn't mind killing, Loretta was right about using peoples lives at an expense. It only hurt him and the older he got he realized he needed his people more than they needed him. He could not risk their safety.

Cecil laughed Mockingly at Nolan's proposal.

"Are you serious.. you know the council will never allow a one on one fight between us. That why we have armies, trained soldiers to fight with us.." Cecil said and Nolan shrugged his shoulders

"They fight and we fight along side them often.. we could die with or without them.. my question is why would it matter if my head and throne is the thing that you are after.." Nolan expressed to Cecil watching his facial expressions change. Cecil sat there thinking about what he said and figured why not. Cecil had been training excessively since his exile and he was very handy with his sword. Besides, half of the things Nolan used in defense was taught to him by Cecil so He had no worries about it.

"Fine... we'll do it that way. And when I will, I'll kill you just like you did Harrison and then I will marry Malia and I will father every child she carries in her womb and it will be me that will lead this kingdom until I draw my last breath. You, a fraud, a man who was never destined for the crown, abused by his mother, will always be the same weak and fragile kid crying in the dark corner. Never loved by his parents and the only ones who did love him... he killed. You are a deranged beast, who deserves to be put down." Cecil smirked..

"And I am happy to oblige.." he continued. Nolan clenched his jaws in not wanting to lash out at Cecils comment. The smug facial expressions he held made him want to kill him right then and there's

"Great then... at the sign of first blossom we will fight at the capital infront of everyone... you could kill me then" Nolan said sarcastically before chuckling. Cecil smirked and reached his hand out feeling Nolan do the same and they shook hands.

"I've waited for this moment for years... I will avenge Harrison."

"May the best man will Cousin.." Nolan said before riding back to his people, leaving Cecil watching as he did. Nolan was prepared for them to finally have this long over due duel. He figured he'd handle this and then his mother and then he could finally get rid of his ghosts. He just wanted this chapter to end.

"Well go find food and shelter than we'll return home after tonight."

*
*
*

Lady Ella was outside washing clothes when she heard the should of horses stop in front of her house. She looked up and saw four men in attire with green outlined and was confused on who they were.

"Can I help you gentlemen?" She asked and when they didn't say anything she felt the tension and the vibe of the setting. She dropped the bucket in her hand feeling the water splash out onto the ground on attempted to run but she was caught feeling arms wrap around her

"LUCASSSSS!!!" She yelled out for her eldest son but he heart dropped to the pit of her stomach when she saw each one of her kids being pushed out of the house with a man holding their arm and a knife to there throats.

"Noo! Noooo! Please no! God please. Take me. Please take me not my children." She yelled at the top of her lungs being tied up around her hands and put on a horse as her kids looked at her with saddened and helpless eyes.
They were dropped to their knees and started screaming and crying out for their mother. Lucas attempting to fight back only to get knocked in his head back to the ground bleeding.

"Lucas!!" She whined out to her son, but she lost her voice completely when one of the men drew his swords back and then with force stabbed Lucas in his chest pinning his body to the porch. His siblings staring at his lifeless body right next to them, fearful that they were Next. Ella was numb, this was yet another time she had to witness her loved ones brutally murdered

"DAMN YOU!!!.... DAMN YOU ALL!!!" She yelled viciously. She tried to jump down but she was held in place and made to watch.

"In the name of Cassandra Jalisa..." The same man who had driven a sword through Lucas had with one swing cut each of their heads off simultaneously. The thuds of their heads meeting the ground was all to familiar. The smell of death, the smell of blood, the visual of their deaths. They were innocent, pure, never did anything to anyone.

Ella sat there on the horse in shock, she could not move, talk, anything it hurt to much. She felt like she was betraying them all by still being alive, although she felt dead. She felt like her soul had been taken out of her alive body and replaced with a pit of pain and emptiness.

"Good.. now we had orders to set fire to the village and bring her back to the Queen." Ella had over heard their conversation and knew that they were not talking about her daughter but Queen Cassandra who had been Queen years ago. Ella knew who Cassandra was but did not know why she ordered to kill her children all she knew was whatever it took to avenge them she would.

"... you all will die..." Ella said as they started moving. The men laughed between one another.

"You all will die screaming, I hope your orders meant more to you than your life.."