13

Kaziah hopped off of his horse with a letter with the kings seal on it. He was surprised at the sight he saw upon arrival of the Rhys lands. The putrid smell of death hit his nose faster than his next blink. The entire village had looked ransacked and vacant, not an alive person in sight.
Kaziah felt horrible mostly because the first time he had been her with his Queen, the place was beautiful, the people, the scenery. He also knew how much his Queen loved being back in her village. The way she spun around, the way her face and eyes light up. The way she ran into her mothers arms, it was all playing out before it like an reenactment of the day. Only they're was no people, no beauty, no Queen... only death, blood, and lifelessness.
Kaziah walked through the village seeing nothing but more dead bodies, evidence of burnt bourse due to fire. He walked over kids bodies, women, elders, his heart was just torn to pieces. He finally approached a house that looked familiar, walking closer towards it he realized it was the house his Queen had entered. He also saw four children pinned to the porch with swords sticker out of their chest and their heads laying on the heroine away from their bodies. He turned away from the sight.
Kaziah had seen many things, but this was something he wished he hadn't of seen. He had a feeling he knew who these children were. Malia had gone one and one abut her siblings all the time. Saying how she wished she could she them but she had to be in bed. The sad reality was she would she them just not alive and will never see them alive again.

Kaziah walked inside of the house looking for a woman's body. He knew the mother had not left her children. Her looked through evey inch of it and saw no one. Once he discovered that she was missing, he had figured he had enough to go back and report. He immediately hopped on his horse and rode back to the court.
.
.
.
Malia sat in the bed doing the only thing she had been doing for days and months was think. She could not wait to have the baby so she could get back to the world. She felt like so much was happening outside of her room and she was just stuck in bed. Although, she enjoyed her short time times with Polly where she can sit have a glass of wine and chat, before continuing her work. Malia felt homesick the most at this time that she was carry a child, she just wanted her mother to be near her. She wanted to be surrendered by the play and laughter of her younger siblings and if she had not been holed up in her chambers she would have went to seen them again.
So any things had transpired since her last visit and it kept getting out behind other things, life staking things but she still some how felt guilty. Guilty for kindling a tolerance and oftentimes adoration for Nolan and no longer despises his essence. Guilty for hoping her lived while her whole life her family lived without her father.

Malia shook herself from her intrusive thoughts and just focused on positive outcomes. Like the fact that she and Nolan had gotten through the Cecil matter alive and still intact politically. Also the fact that Nolan and her were started to be kind to each other, allow one another to cope with each other, and more. Their relationship was growing in ways needed to survive this shallow world, and she was grateful for it. She was mostly focused on having a healthy baby that will get her safety. She focused on seeing her child grow up and become a person of their own, with their own ideas, views, outlook and take on life. She could not wait for the day her greatest achievement would become the most one of important person in world.

Her doors opened and it was Nolan smiling looking happy. She looked at him as he was still healing from the wounds he had gotten during the duel. He had many abrasions, cuts and bruises all throughout his body.. he was alive though.

"What makes you so cheery..?" She asked laughing as he paced back and forth. "And stop pacing you're making me dizzy." She pleaded.

He stopped and took a seat beside her

"Victory makes me cheery.. when things work out how they need to. I have one more enemy that has to be taken off of the field completely, but I have all faith that I will.." he said. Malia nodded with a hand in her belly

"I do too.." she said and he smiled kissing her lips and crawling into the bed next to her.

"Soon we will be untouchable.. but first we have to cut ties with personal monsters.." Nolan said kissing her shoulder trying to get something going. Malia moaned but lightly pushed him off

"I'm not up to it today... I'm tired and a little sore." Malia conveyed and Nolan nodded kissing her neck.

"Alright then.. I'll leave you to your rest and I'll visit you later.." he said getting up but she grab hold onto his wrist

"Just lay here with me.. be next to me." She said looking into his eyes sweetly. He furrowed his eyebrows unaware of what she was asking. She said she did not what to engage in relations and they were far from sleeping time, what did she want with him just laying there?

"What do you mean?" He asked and she laughed

"Just lay down.." she commanded and he short laughed before getting back into the bed and laying down. She looked at him

"Now lay on your side." She said. He did what she said and she snuggled up against him and put his arm around hers. His hand planted on her hard belly feeling movement and laughing.

"Was that the baby?" He said in amazement. Malia laughed and nodded

"Yeah. It's been happening a lot lately, sometimes random and sometimes on schedule. But it's wonderful isn't it?" She asked and he nodded

"Hmm.. yeah it is.." he said. This was an genuine moment shared between the two that they rather enjoyed. They never thought that they would see the day that they were able to be in each other's presence and not be combative. Nolan appreciated her and Malia felt the same.

There was a knock on the door

"Sir I'm sorry to interrupt you I went to your quarters but you were not there.. there is an urgent matter that needs to be discussed immediately." Loretta said with worry in her voice. Nolan was confused on what it could have been and hurriedly got off of bed hoping his mother hadn't chosen now of all times to attack. He walked out for the room seeing Loretta and a guard she had with her, the looks he had In her eyes was scary.

"Loretta? What's the problem?" He asked eager to find out.

"It's about Queens mother your majesty.."