16

Malia was laughing so loudly and so fully she had to clutch on to her chest to catch her breath. She had tears of laughter running down her face as she engaged in conversation with Polly.

"Oh.. you have to stop making me laugh like that. I'm sure I look like a cow with my mouth open wide like that.." Malia said chuckling.

"I am serious.. you should here the way people pride themselves in being something they could never be.." Polly said shaking her head. Malia shook her head as well exhaling

"That was a laugh I needed... being stuck in this bed is growing very tiring and I am this close to yanking my hair out.." Malia said huffing in frustration. The closer it had gotten to her time to deliver the more impatient she grew, the more tired.

"Aw your majesty, I'm sure you are but just think about the joy you and the king will have once you see your child. The way their little hand grabs your finger and holds tightly... it's truly a feeling unique and same for all mothers. A gift.." Polly said getting sad towards the end of her words. She hadn't shared much about her the fact that she had birthed and buried a child, it was too painful.

Polly noticed the disconnection she had stepped into from reality and lightly smiled, holding her tears. Malia sensed that the topic was touchy and that her friend was holding back. Malia wanted to know what was troubling her and how the mood had changed so quickly but she had her suspicions, suspicions that lead her to not ask Polly. She figured if Polly wanted to talk about it she would and everything didn't need to shared, even amongst friends.

"Well Polly, I have an important favor to ask of you and it's something I need you to consider with deep thought." Malia said and Polly raised and eyebrow and took a seat.

"What is it my lady?" Malia sat up as much as she could and took a deep breath

"I want you to personally become one of my ladies.. I know you are married and won't be looking for a husband but it will give you status, a title, and a place to live here in court. I would also like you to tend to my child once he or she is born. Can I count on you for that?" Malia asked with hopeful and sincere eyes. She had grown to trust Polly so much, and had seen how she operates and her loyalty. Polly was her friend that she felt was deserving of what she wanted to give to her.

Polly's eyes widened and he heart skipped a beat just because she had never thought that she would be in this position. To become a friend of the Queen and even be asked to be one of her ladies and tend to her child, who was the future heir to the throne, to the Crown. That duty was more a obligation but a moral imperative that Polly held dear. She didn't want to let Malia down or her unborn child, or ashdom. Polly dropped to her knees and bowed her head.

"I swear on my life and my religion that I will uphold the responsibility of the task you have asked of me. I will be more than happy to continue to serve you and soon the heir of Ashdom.. my lady." Polly said and Malia's eyes watered as her throat got sore from the lump she had trying to fight back her tears but failed. Malia appreciated Polly's fealty and felt she had made a great choice..

"Get up Polly before I started crying and I'm afraid I won't stop.." Malia said causing the two to laugh.

The door opened and Nolan walked in with an unreadable face. Malia lightly smiled at him as Polly bowed before him.

"Uh, Polly can you give me and Malia a moment please.. but stay near I'll need you to come back." He said and Polly nodded and bowed again before leaving the room quickly.
Nolan closed the door and stood there for a moment gathering her thoughts and words.

"That Polly is such a saint. I honestly don't know what I would have done without her.. all this time spent alone in this room.. ah!" She groaned and laid back on the pillows, hearing his footsteps and soon the some drop in the bed where he laid beside her.

"I asked her to be one of my ladies and to tend to our child when it is born.. how do you feel about that?" She asked and looked at him staring at the ceiling. She looked His brown skin that still had bruises and cuts that were healing. He hadn't answered so she lightly pulled his chin hair making him look at her.

"What's wrong...?" She asked getting worried. He just put his hand on the side of her face.

"I've got something that I have to tell you.. and I want you to know that you mean so much to me and I will stop at nothing to avenge you.." he said and Malia furrowed her eyebrows and moved his hand off of her her face. Her mood changed and she swallowed her spit

"Avenge me for what..?"