19

Nolan clapped as the braided man was brought before him. He stood up out of his throne chair and watched as he was brought to his knees.

"Firstly I want to congratulate you for surviving your friends.. you won." Nolan said with a smile from ear to ear. The man looked nervous practically shaking as he stayed silent.

"Well as a gift for your sportsmanship.. youll be bathed, fed and will get a good nights rest in one of our lovely beds in this palace... but first I would like to know your name." Nolan said

"My-my name.." the man stuttered on his words unsure on how to perceive the question. Nolan nodded

"Yes.. your name.. what is it?" Nolan asked asking getting impatient. The man swallowed his spit and cleared his throat.

" Vaughn Warren " The name Warren sounded familiar but did not mean anything to Nolan all it did was let him known who he was and now gave Nolan and advantage. Nolan smiled brightly

"Thank you Mr Warren. Kaz, please get this man some food and then a servant to tend to him please and thank you. When you are done with that please come see me again." Kaziah nodded and grabbed Vaughn along with another guard and took him away. Nolan sat down in his chair taken a deep breath finally feeling like he was making progress. Malia needed him to make progress.

Malia had been doing a light walk around the room trying to get her legs to move as they were falling asleep after laying in bed constantly. Polly had been with her helping her, making sure she did not exceed her limits.

"This baby needs to come already.. I've been pregnant forever." Malia complained as Polly lightly chuckled

"The end is always the worse part... until it's time to meet your baby. It'll all feel worth it.." Malia sniffled feeling tears well up in her eyes. She was overwhelmed with everything. She hadn't slept in days and had barely eaten anything. All she could see when she closed her eyes was he brothers lifeless face or her fathers murder. When she laid down all she thought about was what her mother was going through and where she was. All she wanted was for her mother to be with her right now especially it getting so close to her time of birthing. This had been a stressful period of time she was going through and all she wanted was to be able to breath but had no time to.

Malia felt a sharpness in her stomach and a feeling of water trickling down her leg. Malia knew that it was time but now that it was, she longed for a little bit longer. To know that she would bring a child in this world without the love and support of her own mother was agonizing to her core.

"Your grace..?" Polly said seeing the sudden change in Malia's demeanor and face. Malia grab hold to the bed post.

"Get the king and the nurses.. my waters have broken." Polly gasped and became extremely nervous and excited at the same time.

"Okay okay  first let me help you to the bed.." Malia waved her off

"No.. I have a little time I'm sure, enough for you to summon them. I will be fine just get them here..." Malia said now feeling the pains kicking in. She started crying because she wanted her mother. She wanted her mother to tell her that this was the moment she's been waiting for, it's here.. to walk in it and own it.

Polly rushed out of the the Queens chambers running to get the nurses and bring them to the room. Once she got them there, she rushed back out to look for the king. She ran into Loretta who was walking around

"Lady Loretta.. have you seen the King?!" Polly said almost out of breath, trying to be quick. Loretta looked at her with concern

"He's in his offices... what is the matter?" She asked and Polly took a breath trying to catch hers still.