25

They had finally stopped walking and arrived to a house that was covered in vines and surrounded by huge green trees. The land had plenty of acres of tall grass they Malia had to struggle through with her hands being tied. She hadn't known she was arriving at a house it was so hidden. Her feet still burning and aching, desperately in need of soaking and rest.
The men jumped down from their horses and allowed Ella to get down as well. One of the men walked over to her with his hard and some what intimidating footsteps slowly approaching. The sound of him drawing a knife made Both Malia and Ella's heart skip a beat but return back to a regular anxiety beat once the knife was used to cut the rope from the horse. Her hands still tied though and just clawing at her skin, she was sure to have broken some.

"Can you loosen the ties, my wrist are aching. I'm afraid they will begin to bleed soon." Malia said more of an order than a question. Her tone of voice again only made them more furious. Two started walking and the rest followed pushing her closer towards the house, seeing a woman exit the house. It was a short distance before they fully would get to the door but Malia could see the glower coming from her eyes and the evil coming off of her body. The way she was dressed in an all black dress and they way she stood tall, and almost hovering over trying to assort her dominance.

The only thing Malia could think about was the fact that she was away from her infant child and did not know when she could see him again. She also laughed to herself just thinking about how times had changed over the long months. How it had been a long while since she felt guilty for having the love she had for the Prince or the King. This was the first time she had truly recognized that she had chosen a family that was made off of unfortunate series of events, compared to the one she was born into and devoted her heart to. Malia loved her mother with every thing in her heart but if this woman in all black had to give her a ultimatum of whether her mother lives over her child or even husband, the answer did not require a second thought. This is why she was most confused as to why this woman would even think this would be a good plan and why this men followed her. Although this had only confirmed her opinion about her, that she was so lost in her hatred that she was not thinking. Couldn't have been.

"Is this the infamous Cassandra Jalisa..? Scrawnier than I had imagined." Malia said and let out a sarcastic laugh as they had reached the bottom step of the house. All eyes were on her shocked at her disrespect. Ella of course knew her daughter and how she was but did not want her to be as bold as she was being, afraid that Cassandra's madness would be the death of her like her other children.

Cassandra wickedly smirked at her, looking her up and down annoyed with her beauty. Her unblemished ebony skin, her hair, her ability to not be afraid to speak to her as she did and most of all her the fact that she denied her help of executing her son.

"You have your fathers eyes.." Cassandra said with a smile. Her snarky comment made Malia lower her smile and her face locked with displeasure, but she swallowed the hard lump in her throat and gave a small head bow in compliments.

"And my son has your son's eyes.. you've failed once in trying to end him. What makes you think you'll be able to do it this time. Especially with these faulty plans of yours.?" Malia asked and Cassandra grew tired of her bantering and turned her back to her and walked in the house. She moved her finger signaling the men to bring them inside; Once Malia walked in she saw that it was a brothel that was filled with drunken men of Cassandra and eager to get paid women. Malia did not feel comfortable being in a place of this sort. seeing every inch of dirt that was in there, internally regurgitating at the smell.

She coughed from the stuffy aroma and regained her breath before chuckling

"I thought you were a godly woman.. this is not where god's most humble servant goes to worship.." Malia joked. Cassandra sped her pace walking to the back of the brothel where it had eventually gotten quiet not being able to hear a sound from the front of the house.