Part Thirteen

Aston’s POV

“You have fun at New Year’s,” my mate JJ asked me, grabbing a slice of pizza from the box in front of us, the football on in the background.

“Yeah.”

“Any ladies?”

“Yeah, there was this one girl. Jess. Shorter than me, brown hair, cheeky glint in her eyes.”

“Jess… Sounds cute.”

“She was,” I sighed, “She actually came on to me. But not in a weird way.”

“Not in like, a rabid fan way?”

“No, she didn’t even know who I was.”

“Doesn’t everyone know who you are?”

“I thought so, but she definitely didn’t. And she’s apparently friends with Rochelle,” I told him.

“No way!” JJ laughed, “There is no way that she’s friends with Rochelle and doesn’t know who you are.”

“You think?” I asked. I’d thought of this already, maybe she was just playing dumb?

“Definitely. Even if she seemed to act like she didn’t know who you are, she definitely did.”

“So you think she was playing me?” I questioned, my brow furrowed. I’d be so mad. So mad.

“She definitely played you. Now watch out for the story.”

“Fuck,” I whistled. That was something I hadn’t been banking on. A story being sold to the papers.

“Gonna be a crazy story?” JJ asked me, an expectant look on his face.

“I mean… she may have come up to my hotel room.”

“Get in!” JJ laughed.

“Well, if there is a story then it’s not the best move I’ve ever made.”

“Was she good at least?” JJ asked, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

I didn’t respond, I just let the blush on my face speak for itself, grabbing my beer and having another sip.

“Oh you loved it,” JJ grinned, punching my shoulder.

“I didn’t hate it.”

“So she was good?”

“Very.”

“She sounds like trouble,” JJ said, grabbing his own beer.

“Oh she so is, but in a good way maybe.”

“So you’re going to see her again?”

“She wouldn’t give me her number,” I shrugged, just as my phone started buzzing in my pocket. I grabbed it out, “Marv, what’s up?”

“That Jess girl is here right now,” he said in almost a whisper.

“Oh yeah?”

“She’s chatting with Roch about New Year’s.”

“And…”

“She’s not saying anything about you.”

“Oh,” I said, my face a bit downfallen. But then again, if she was friends with Rochelle, would she mention me? Maybe not. Especially if she knew about the set up thing.

“She said all this stuff about how she danced with a lot of guys and didn’t catch any names. Most of the guys, she complained, grabbed her ass and she was no longer interested.”

“I wouldn’t do that,” I scoffed.

“Point is, I don’t think she knows who you are.”

“Right.”

We spoke for another minute and then hung up. The thing was, this girl definitely knew my name. Definitely. She was just holding her cards close to her chest because she didn’t want it to get to Rochelle.

“Marvin thinks this girl legitimately has no idea who I am,” I told JJ as I slipped my phone back in my pocket.

“Yeah?”

“She’s at his house with Rochelle right now.”

“I still think she’s playing you,” JJ said, “She’s just playing really well.”

“Hmm…” I replied, thinking it over.

To be fair, I had absolutely no idea if this girl was messing with me or if she was legit. And how things were going, I didn’t know if I wanted to find out.