Texas, the maid of America ~ pt II

The annexation of Texas into the United States had issues. It even started a war.
But ties were broken as new ones were formed.
Which led Texas in her new home with the young country.
"Hey Texas!" America called from the table.
Walking with a board expression, and auburn hair neatly over her shoulders. "Yes America?" Despite the cold tone, her eyes held hidden affection.
"Come sit with me" he held a hand to the seat across from him.
"Don't think because I work for you now that it means I enjoy your presence." Texas stated. "In fact, I hate you. You were my only way out of Mexico's grasp."
"But now I'm at war." He replied sadly.
"It's what you nations do. Fight to gain strength. If you win then you get even more land" "Maybe when this is over you can go back to your happier and sarcastic self." America sighed while standing. "I'll leave you alone for now then, be back later...." he walked to the door, looking back at her sadly. "See you when I get back." He let himself out.
After a moment of silence Texas wondered to a window. Seeing the blond man continuing down the road. "Be safe." With a pat of her dress she smiled. "When you win this war America, I'll try to be gracious.... and we could be happy and done with war for how ever long it's granted." With a small smile she found herself lazily cleaning.