PROLOGUE

The house gets invaded just when Renjun is left with his five cousins. The invaders look intimidating, especially the old man. He's the head of the intruders and determines their every action, such as keeping the unfortunate kids in captivity because of his own needs. The other two seem a little different. Renjun sees that he can win them over but do criminals have hearts?

Renjun loved his family, don't get him wrong.

He loved his cousins like his own siblings. But sometimes, he lost his patience. It was normal, though, especially when he was the oldest out of them. To his misfortune, he was also the only boy.

The little cousins loved Renjun too. Maybe too much. They were teasing him whenever they met or simply got on his nerves. There was no time they would leave him alone for a minute or two.

Renjun got easily tired because of them and was happy that he could only see them in family gatherings. Well, until his parents told him very, very weird news.

"All five of them?" Renjun widened his eyes.

"Is there a problem?"

It was. The whole situation was problematic. His and the girls' parents decided to go on a little vacation. Only adults could come but Renjun wasn't included. You see, the parents thought that they could leave him to take care of his cousins.

"You're staying at home anyways," mom shrugged. "So, we thought you can stay with them for the following weeks."

Renjun wasn't happy to hear the news. They didn't have that many rooms for the five noisy cousins. Renjun knew there would be no peace inside the house.

"They're like little monsters!" Renjun groaned.

Yup, he indeed loved them.

"I know that sometimes they're unbearable, but they're your cousins."

Mom tried to soften Renjun's heart but it didn't work. He knew he didn't have any choice as his parents would still leave him with them; the tickets for the flight were already bought. There was no way back. He had to face the fact that the two weeks of summer would be gone just because of the girls.

He was still angry even when he saw cousins on their porch. The boy opened the door for them and was greeted with high-pitched screams of the teenage girls. They clung to him and screamed in his ears, making him frown and groan at the same time.

"Now that you're all here, I and your uncle have to go," mom said.

She dragged a big bag which made Renjun wonder would it really be two weeks of their vacation.

The cousins bid goodbye while Renjun impatiently waited for them to leave already. He believed that if they'd go right now, he wouldn't need to wait so long for them to get back.