Chapter 6

The day had arrived; Louis' resolve was stronger than ever. All that was needed to be done now was pass the letter in the right hands. She walked the route to the pack house leisurely with a hard grip on the letter. It sourced some kind of support to the steps that she would take for her freedom.

Reaching the front of the pack house Louis glanced around to find someone reliable to take her to the Beta's office. She also wanted to be discreet without her brother knowing she was here. Confused by the glances she received from people, maybe because she was new, maybe because they couldn't smell her. Thoughts were running rapidly, or maybe they just disliked her in general, her anxiety had showed up.

"Louis?!, Hi!" The girl's thoughts were cut short by a known voice. Louis turned to see Zurich smiling at her.

"Hi." Louis greeted with a smile. Happiness was evident in the betas eyes; he looked friendlier than ever.

"What brings you here?" Zurich asked.

"I had to meet beta Niall for some work. Could you maybe show me where his office is?" Louis hesitantly asked to the beta that seemed curious now but choose not to ask the already nervous girl.

"Sure, why not? Follow me." He gave a half smile leading the small omega inside the building on the right side of the pack house.

The building was spacious with various scents lurking, most of them being dominant smells of beta and Alphas. This building held people of higher authority, that being the Council which held the Elders of the pack, the Alpha, Beta, Lead Warrior and a few trainees. The Luna was to operate from the Pack house itself, all omegas working for the pack were to operate from the main house, the Pack house.

Thankful to her scent blockers Louis smelled like nothing, literally nothing, she religiously applied scent blockers since she came to this pack. Confident that no one could smell her, but naïve enough to know that her petite form still attracted interest.

Zurich stopped at the office on the second floor. "So this is it, this is Beta Niall's office." The beta checked his watch and knocked the office door, saying his goodbye.

A firm come in was immediately heard. Louis entered in peeking her head in first slowly. Anxiety was running through her, she knew what to say; she had practiced it before done her research as well.

Niall was sat on the floor looking through some files, trying to arrange them. The room was a mess with a few paper scattered and files lying around. Some common cutlery at the edge of the table. Louis was confused, without judgment of the beta being shabby.

"Hi, Louis. How may I help you?" Niall inquire looking up from the mess.

Louis anxiety was growing with various scenarios that her brain processed for her, bringing uncertainty to her plan. The 'what's' and 'how's' of the situation were making her uneasy. Yet the girl showed whatever courage that she had and proceeded.

"Hi, I wanted to give you this letter." The omega stuttered and held the letter grumbling internally thinking 'really cool, this isn't what you were supposed to say'.

"Is it a love letter?" Niall chuckled, joking about it to maybe calm the omega. Niall had met the girl only once her soon getting into in an accident. He had his own doubts about the omega and her sensitivity around Harry. Let's say he had noticed.

He was trying to make her comfortable; however you could see it backfiring, Louis was blushing shaking her head whispering a 'no'.

"I was just kidding." Niall let out a deep laugh just like his accent. "So what is it about?" He asked meeting the omegas eyes.

"Ah, so I would like to participate in an exchange program, the neighboring packs offers certain courses and sports that I would like to partake in. The letter is about that." She stuttered letting out a shaky sigh, waiting for the Betas reply.

"It's unusual. Usually, omegas don't participate in such programs. It's interesting..." Niall trailed thinking on how to proceed on this. She would initially have to find another student; perhaps an omega from another pack to further the process, really hectic, no omegas left their pack easily especially alone. Permission was rather a later process. It seemed easy to Louis, but Niall knew it was tedious and close to impossible.

Louis looked at him with hopes that he would help her, her hopes were shattered when the door opened with a vigor she hadn't ever witnessed, her body tensing at the sight.

"Dude, be a bit gentle with my door yeah.." Niall teased the Alpha.

"Shut up Niall." Harry bellow. The Alphas eyes landed on Louis then on Niall who was holding the letter that Louis gave him, it intrigued the Alpha. Why was she here all by herself with Niall? Omegas didn't enter this building much, if they did it was either for an emergency or to meet their family members. Was there an emergency? His eyes turned bit dark at the thought of harm coming to the omega.

"What is the letter about?" Harry asked huskily.

"This, it's a love letter from Louis." Niall teased the girl who turned red again whispering a 'no'.

A low growl left the Alpha's throat at the mention of a love letter. He glared with rising jealousy in the pit of his stomach. Was it really a confession, was the girl here to meet Niall, she liked him?

Louis could feel her heart beat rapidly; the way Harry looked at her meant he knew something. She even tried to breath in her own scent, and there was none. So what was it?

"I am kidding." Niall laughed at the Alpha with a tensed Louis on his side.

Niall was obviously joking yet wanting a reaction from his best friend. Harry wasn't in the mood nor did he appreciate the joke. If it were someone else teasing Harry they would be physically wounded by now but it was Niall, his brother, best friend.

Harry rolled his eyes anger visible. "What is the letter about?" This time his voice was stern.

"It's about the exchange program that I want to partake in." Louis chose to answer the man this time. It was important; she had to face people if she wanted something.

"It's difficult and close to impossible for an omega to partake in it." Harry spoke being brutally honest.

Louis felt awful at the statement. The man she was secretly running away from told her she couldn't, or that she was unworthy. Yes, unworthy was the word. Her secondary gender made her unworthy.

"Hey, cheer up a bit nothing is impossible, don't worry." Niall patted the petite girls pixie hair.

Harry didn't like the gestures that Niall was making towards his omega. His omega? Not yet, he wasn't sure yet.

"Harry why did you come here?" Niall asked after a pause.

"Do you know what a blood trail is?" Harry asked blocking the way out and Louis to nervous to ask him to move.

"I have read about it, it's when an omega suppresses their inner wolf too much, or stops them from interacting with their mate, mostly leading in injuries and pains, insomnia at times. The injuries usual draw blood form the omega, that's why they call it blood trail. It could be fatal." Niall informed.

Louis on the other hand was trembling, the symptoms were hers. She closed her eyes from the feel of the headache was to come. Her hand tried to grip the table for support and there was it board pin that pricked her.

"Ouch" She yelped as the pin pricked her again drawing blood.

A hand gripped her wrist rather tightly and sparks flew. It was a sudden move. Niall might have even seen one or two literal sparks. For Harry everything was falling in place, the sparks were proof of that.

"MINE" the Alpha growled. His growl shook the entire floor. Niall took a fair amount of steps back not to anger the Alpha anymore especially when his wolf was surfacing.

"Alpha" Louis whimpered submitting due to heaviness of the growl, her mind becoming foggy as she her eyes closed.