14

"d-did you do something to save them?" Y/n asked.

"we couldn't do anything,it was their fate, all we could do was offering them a shelter," Hongjoong answered.

"sooner or later... i'll die too..." Y/N mumbled but it was enough for the man beside her to hear.

Hongjoong grabbed her hand and hold it in his.

"no Y/n... you won't die, you're special,"

"how are you so sure?!"

Hongjoong remained silent while his thumb was rubbing Y/n's hand as if he was trying to comfort the girl.

"as long as you're under my care nothing will happen to you,"

Y/n didn't say anything. she just sat there looking down.

"how about this, we'll let you see how your brother and friends are doing in your world through San's orbuculum," he suggested.

"Orbuculum?"

"Yes, it's a crystal ball and San owns one,"

Y/n knew she couldn't do anything at the moment so let's see her brother first and plan to escape later.

"fine," she agreed.

"great, i'll tell san to prepare everything and we can do it tonight,"

"why tonight? why not now?"

"the Orbuculum only works around midnight," Y/n nodded her head understood Hongjoong's statement.

"what are you doing after this?" Hongjoong asked.

Y/n thought about it for a moment. she had nothing to do except waiting for San to activate his crystal ball tonight.

"alright... if you wanna kill boredom you can learn some dance moves from Yunho," Hongjoong suggested. Y/n looked at him with a frown.

"How do you know i have nothing to do after this?" she asked

"Power? Mind reading ability," the mullet haired man replied casually as if it was normal for him.

Y/n somehow felt so exposed. she didn't know what else she had been thinking since the day she arrived here. what if she had thought about some scandalous things?

"about that shiber of yours... how is he with you?"

"he is fine? he sometimes acts as if he doesn't know me and sometime he's just clingy...too clingy..."

"i see... pardon me for asking this Y/N... have you ever done something embarrassing in front of him?" Hongjoong asked.

"like what?"

"like...stripping in front of him...you know...naked...?"

Y/n recalled the memory. she remembered she once had taken a bath inside the bathtub with shiber. it was just a dog so she didn't mind it.

"umm yeah, i took a bath with him once too," Y/n replied calmly.

Hongjoong almost fainted when he heard the answer coming out of her mouth.

"YOU WHAT?!"

Y/n was startled because of hongjoong's sudden behavior. why was he so shocked? there are many people who took a bath with their pets. the male beside her just sighed and shook his head

"Y/n for your own good, please return shiber to San..."

"why? why San? didn't you guys said Shiber had no owner?"

"he's San,"

"SO YOU LIED TO ME?! I THOUGHT HE WAS A STRAY DOG!"

"we didn't lie it's you who don't understand what we said," Hongjoong replied calmly making the girl confused even more.

"what do you mean?"

"listen carefully Y/N... Shiber has no owner, i didn't say say he's SAN'S... i said he's SAN," hongjoong stressed the word 'SAN'so Y/N could understand him better. it took her a moment to comprehend what he said and once she did, she looked at him with wide eyes.

"Y-you're saying s-shiber i-"

"yes, Shiber is San, you've been living with San and.....uhh.......took a bath with him..."

Y/n choked when she heard the words came out of Hongjoong's mouth.

"h-how? WHY NO ONE TELLS ME ANYTHING?!"

"he can do shapeshifting,"

Y/N looked at Hongjoong with horror. she couldn't believe something like this happened to her. not to mention...it was San...SAN! the one who gave her those cold glares without any apparent reason! she shook her head and quickly left hongjoong's office.