"There's no need to hide this place anymore" The Alpha stated and with his hand, much bigger than Fai's, he tenderly, guided the toddler's hand away from the engraving. "We're not running away. This time, we persevere... like this place, we stay"

Assertively, Hani nodded her head, letting the Alpha know that she had the same goal as him, that she had his back. Jungkook looked behind him one last time so as to make sure everyone was there. Then, he put Fai down and the toddler, already used to the couple, reached his hands high up in the air. Chuckling softly, Jungkook held his hand and Hani, smiling brightly at Fai, took his other hand in her grasp. At last, they stepped inside the cave. The humidity and the darkness of the place didn't bother them, neither did it hold them back. They still remembered each pathway, each tunnel. Therefore, it was with ease that they arrived at the spot where the first True Alpha was born, which, now, they realized it had been where Jungkook was born, for he was the first. His eyes didn't linger for long; only the wooden toys sprawled around seemed to strike a wave of curiosity in him. Nostalgia, maybe was the right word. The Alpha wasn't good with words, he lacked the ones to describe what he felt or the ones to perfectly express the thoughts that ran through his mind. A glance, most of the times, was all that it took. Hani was familiar with this tendency, this way of communicating of his. She noticed how his gaze dropped from the toys and, as if following an invisible trail, they ended up on Fai. The toddler curious with all the new things he was seeing, didn't paid any mind to the Alpha's gaze. Quickly, it faltered. Jungkook nothing said and ignoring the glance Hani was throwing at him, he guided them further inside the cave.

A breach of light cascaded inside the dark tunnel. The mates' footsteps became illuminated as they walked. And as the light progressively won over the darkness of the cave, as the warmth of sun melted the humidity of the place; Jungkook, Hani and Fai reached another area of the cave. The boulder was still in the same place where Jungkook had left it, no longer did it forbid the passage to those who wished to enter. The walls of the cave extended to the sides, forming a circular fortress, whose sole exit was the entry towards the mates' little sacred place. The Luna's eyes shone with excitement, amazement, once she spotted the colourful tones of the vegetation in the distance. The sound of the water running coated her ears, melting her body, making her feel at... home. They stopped for a bit, at the centre. Their heartbeat accelerated; it seemed at they were finally accepting the condition that they were in and the questions that came with it. It made them nervous, restless, anxious to continue on the journey, yet, their perception shifted. They weren't on the losing hand, neither were they blind. They had everything at their display to win, to understand fully what had happened to them; all that they had do was turn around.

Hand in hand with the toddler, the mates faced the engravings on the wall once more. Each panel to them was familiar, bitter. It told their story and yet, a story that they couldn't remember as theirs. All that they had were the things that had been told to them by their wolves, Jinsang, Hani's mother and their hearts. They stared at the beginning when, distracting them from their task, Fai impatiently tugged at Jungkook's jeans. Both of them on cue locked their gaze with his, Fai facing the Alpha directly lifted his arms in the air and his hands opened and closed repeatedly, signalling to Jungkook that he wanted to be held.

"Oh, right. You must be tired from all that walking. Here, Pa will carry you, okay?" Jungkook took him in his arms before he stared at the engravings again, desperate to understand completely what each panel said. The toddler, noticing how both Hani and Jungkook seemed to be so intrigued by it, mimicked them. Excitedly, his hand rested on the first scene; the beginning of the circular story that covered the walls of that cave. Giggling, he patted the full moon, surrounded by the tiny stars who gave it company, refuge. Hani and Jungkook's eyes found their way back to one another, they smiled. The Alpha's hand joined the toddler who noticing it, turned around to glance at Jungkook. "This, over here, tells the story of Pa and Ma. Here, it tells how Pa was born. Under a full moon, filled with bright stars. Then, Pa stayed here, in this cave by himself. But luckily, for me, Ma came into my life."