N I N E T E E N

"Help me," I tried to catch my breath as I could feel myself drowning in the pool. His strong arm caught my waist as he tried to make me stable, my feet not being able to touch the floor as my entire body weight was on Jimin.

"It's just a five feet pool, you won't drown," he said in his deep voice as I kept panting and coughing. His arms were around my waist as he held me close to his chest.

"Though I know you're tiny for this pool as well, there are chances that you might drown," he mocked smirking as I hit his arm gently.

"I'm not tiny," I whined as I was still panting. I heard him chuckle as he lifted me a little higher to keep me from drowning.

His arm left my waist holding me tight with the other, his fingers drew circles on my face as he tried to lift my jaw making our eyes collide and asked, "Are you okay?"

His eyes were filled with concern as I coughed again. He rubbed my back as we stood inside the pool and I finally got stable.

Did he just smile?

"When will you stop being clumsy and finally start taking care of yourself?" He asked as his fingers still gently clasped my face.

"I didn't do it purposely," I said defending myself.

I was shivering as the water was cold and the climate was making it worse. My dress wasn't helpful as the white material now being transparent due to the water was making me get more uncomfortable.

"Let's get you out," he whispered as he led me to the steel stairs to climb out of the pool. I somehow stood outside turning around and crossed my arms around me.

I could feel him chuckle again as I turned to face him and asked, "What's so funny?"

"You didn't change even a bit, you're just the same as you were in school," he said as he removed his coat and ran his fingers through his wet hair.

I gulped bitting on my lip, I never had any feelings for him, never in high school and not even now but since the time we are staying together, instead of hurting me in every way he could, he isn't doing so.

He unbuttoned a few buttons of his shirt as he rubbed a towel on his hair brushing off the excess water. I kept my eyes fixed at his actions wherein all of a sudden he caught me doing so.

I immediately lowered my lashes and was about to leave when he said, "Ara, what is it? You're flushed."

I gulped turning to face him and asked, "You didn't marry me because you wanted to show it off to my sister, did you?"

"No," he confessed without any hesitation as his eyes never left mine.

I remained motionless and didn't try to express anything but deep inside, I was in shock. I lowered my eyes trying to figure out what he wants if that wasn't his intention behind marrying me.

"I married you because I have something in my mind, I'm not stupid enough to just do it because I want to make someone jealous," he said as anger fumed his tone.

"Your sister and I were never together though she had some plans that she wanted to fulfil through me and you were just a reason that I got to set her aside," he said as I didn't answer anything but just kept on listening.

He came close to me, water dripped down my hair as I was fully drenched and so was he.

He entwined our fingers together and pulled me inside the room and closed the back gate. It felt a little less cold than before.

Deep inside my heart, I felt warm and indescribable happiness filled my mind the minute he confessed that I wasn't someone who he looked at, as a replacement of someone he was in love with before.

"Why did Jia lie about the both of you being in a relationship if there wasn't anything as such?" I asked.

"We were about to get married for business. Scott was a 50% shareholder of our business and I knew that instead of expanding it for us, he was going to take over with his family and get us out, I just didn't have any proofs regarding that," he paused.

"Jia said that she would help me banish Scott from the company by getting out his reality and she wanted to marry me after things get cleared up, I agreed to do so until I got the business in my hand. As you know, Jia did things her way, she was with Scott, she would marry me, get all the property she wanted and then divorce me finally staying with Scott having Park's corporation for them along with whatever I had for myself," he explained.

It took me a long time to digest whatever he was trying to explain. He meant that Jia promised him that she would help but instead, she teamed up with Scott and that's the main reason he threw Scott along with Jia out of the company after collecting all the proofs.

"So is the matter sorted now?" I asked in a low tone.

"I have my company, with the new project that just got over before collaborating with the Jeon's, all the due loan was paid back and it's going well," he said.

"All the matter of business was between you, Jia and Scott, I'm not supposed to be a part of all this," I said.

"You are a part because I wanted you to be, I have some things to sort out with you," he said, his glare frosting over as he started to walk towards me.

I started to step backwards until my back touched the wall. He came closer caging me in between his arms.

"You knew, I liked you since the start but there were some things that always kept me away from you though I never left you. Get one thing clear, no other man can touch you, you are mine and only mine," he said as he pulled me towards himself, our lips being just a few inches apart.

I bit on my lip, lowering my gaze and took a deep breath to calm myself.

"What do you want from me Jimin and what is it that you have to sort between us?" I asked.

"Whatever it is, I will do it later but for right now, I want you," he said as his thumb lined my lower lip as I could feel butterflies.

It felt like my heart would jump out my mouth, Jimin might also be able to hear the thumping of my heart because it felt too loud.

"I hope now, you are clear that whatever happened between us previously was something I was forced to do, you have six months to stay with me. I will sort everything I'm talking about in these six months and then you decide yourself if you want this relationship to continue or no and yes, I have married you because I wanted to not because of some stupid reason, get that clear," he said.

"I just wanted to remove Jia from my way and I did so, by taking you in between," he said.

I blinked my eyes twice in a second as he loosened his grip around my waist.

"Read the contract, sign it and then we shall proceed," he said and was about to leave when I held his wrist making him stop.

His gaze was fixed to my hands holding his.

"Why did you call yourself a culprit before?" I asked not leaving his arm.

"We have six months for this, I will clear every doubt you have, trust me and stay with me," he said.

"Go and change or the gentleman inside me might give up," he whispered turning his gaze away and left as I crossed my arms around again and left to my room.

----------

A/N:-

And the story finally starts.
I hope it's getting interesting???
Please let me know your views ❤️💜✨