Chapter 7

"You'll have to marry me. Treat it like a contract. Nothing more than that." I feel like slapping his face right now. "After one hell of a shit you put me in, you want me to make a deal. Like how others make a deal with you and the cult members? Who should I sacrifice then?" I stood up and walk away but Yoongi grabbed my hand and stopped me. "Stop being so fucking arrogant and accept this offer. You're free to do anything you want. This marriage will just be on a piece of paper. If it makes you feel better, I won't even touch or sleep with you." I look at his hand that is grabbing mine.

He let go immediately. "Get out of my house. I need time to think about it. OUT NOW!" I point the door and Yoongi bite his inner cheek. "You don't have much time. Think fast." With that he left and I huffed loudly. I head over to my study room where my witch items and spell books are. I locked the door and need something to clear my mind. I grab a few floral candle and burn it before closing my eyes. I relax my mind and think about the offer. My phone vibrates and I immediately answer the call.

"Dr Eun Chae, it's me Mr Han, the board Director of Seoul Hospital. I believe you'll be attending tonight's opening ceremony right?" I replied a yes politely. "Well here's the thing. I'm unable to make it and will get my son to represent me. Will it be alright if you accompany him tonight. Plus I need you to be the one giving out the speech since you're the best doctor in town." I became silence for a moment. "Yeah sure." I replied as I look at the candle. "Amazing. He'll pick you up tonight. I will give him your home address. Thank You, Dr Eun Chae." With that he hang up and I groan in annoyance.

"This candle is meant to make me relax. And yet..." I blow off the candle and make my way out of the room. "Do you want to eat anything, dear. I can cook for you?" Aunt Yoong asked. "Spicy jjapchae. I have sliced beef in the fridge. Let me help." I said as I walk to the kitchen with the old lady. I begin to prepare the ingredients. "You know, I was the one who taught Yoongi how to cook." She said suddenly while marinating the beef. "I'm sorry but I overheard your conversation with him earlier on. Eun Chae, when it comes to safety and protection, have faith in Yoongi. He is capable to do that." Aunt Yoong said.

"If it is not for him, I would have died long time ago. At first, I thought he would be mad at me when I told him the truth. About how I had to gave him to the Min's couple back then. But instead, Yoongi took me in and even compromise with Lucifer in order to let me live." Compromise? "What kind of compromise?" I asked as I hand her the ingredients and she start to cook them. "I have no idea. Whatever he offers you, accept it. You'll be safe then." I remained silent as I watch her cook the jjapchae.

"Mind if I ask you about the child, Eun Chae?" I shake my head. "Sure go ahead and ask." I begin to soak the noodles in hot water to cook it. "What makes you adopt the little one?" She asked. "Her mother died while giving birth to her. She wanted me to be the one who take care of her child." Lies and I had to bite my tongue for lying to this old lady. "Ah I see. She's a beautiful angel." Once we're finally done cooking, I begin to set up the table and we eat our lunch together. "Aunt Yoong, may I ask you something?" She nods and smiles at me.

"Did you ate those human meats back at Jungkook's? I mean they're all cannibal because of the cult." Aunt Yoong laugh and shakes her head. "No. Plus I respect whatever they're doing as long they don't kill me. I rather die in the hand of a stranger than them." After lunch, I told Aunt Yoong to rest and even Jang Mi slept for long hours. I walked into my walk in closet and look for a dress to wear tonight. A simple black dress with diamond necklace will suffice tonight's event. My phone buzzed again and this time it is my colleague, Dr Irene. "Eun Chae, what time will you be reaching The Royals?" She asked. "Probably seven. I'm going with Director Han's son." I replied dully not looking forward to meet my plus one.

"Oh my god! That handsome model from KTH Agency, Han Soo Hyun? Gosh how lucky are you." I rolled my eyes. Not at all. I call it an unfortunate event. "Well if you're bored of him, do pass him to me." She chuckles and I did the same. "Gladly. Irene, I got to go. I'm going to get myself ready for the party." I said and hang up the call. Time check 6:50pm and Soo Hyun still not here yet. I check on Jang Mi and glad that she's doing well. Even Aunt Yoong loves her. Of course I had to lie to aunt Yoong about the baby's name. Ji Eun is her 'new' name. "You look beautiful Eun Chae, dear." Aunt Yoong caresses my cheek. "Take care and don't worry about Ji Eun. She is all good under my care." The doorbell ring couple of times.

"For the love of mother nature. Does this man has no patience at all?" I mumble as I walk over to the door and open it up. Soo Hyun stood there in black suit and smirk at me flirtatiously. "Doctor. You look beautiful." He took my hand to kiss it but I immediately pull it away. He is surely handsome but not my type. "Aunt Yoong, I'll make my leave first. See you later. Just call me if you need anything." I said and the old lady just smile and bid me goodbye. We head down to the basement carpark and of course he had to show off what he's driving, Buggati La Voiture Noire. I get into the car without saying anything and we drive our way there. Through out the whole journey he tried to engage conversation but I choose to ignore him.

As soon we arrive at The Royals, "Wow. A grand one huh, doctor?" I ignore him and alight from the car. He quickly got out of the car and run over to my side, offering his arm for me to hold. I try my best to put on a smile and placed my hand around his arm. Of course journalists, media interviewer are there. Obvious question they ask, "are you two dating?" Obviously my answer is no. I mean NO! But for Soo Hyun, his replies made my heart boil. "Hoping to date this beautiful doctor one day." He kissed my cheek and pulled me close. I was totally being uncomfortable.

Just then the medias attention were shifted to the sound of Ferraris and Lamborghini roaring. One by one the Agma cult members stepped out of their ride including Yoongi. All of them dressed in smart formal wear. He frowned as soon he saw me and Soo Hyun. Cameras are all on them as they walk on the red carpet. Without wasting anymore time, they entered The Royals except for Yoongi. He approached me while button up his suit. "Soo Hyun.." He acknowledge the man next to me. "Yoongi!" Soo Hyun nod in return. They know each other. "You look beautiful doctor." Yoongi held my hand and pulled me close. He plant a soft kiss on my cheek and whisper on my right ear.

"Enjoy your night with him. This will be his last night before he dies."