Chapter 53 - In Sickness And In Health (Mature)

ابدأ من البداية

I felt worse than I had before my nap. I sat up slowly and hugged my arms to my body. I was cold. Min pulled the throw off the back of the couch and wrapped it around me then pulled me close so he could hold me.

"Princess, you don't look like you feel well. Are you alright?" He looked concerned.

"I don't feel well at all. It is probably just the jetlag. I will be fine," I assured him, but he didn't look convinced. I cuddled up beside him and drew my legs up under the blanket. I was feeling drowsy again when his phone rang. He looked at me apologetically and answered the call. It was one of the guys. I wasn't paying attention to the conversation because I realized that I had a headache coming on. I patted his leg and got up to take something for it.

I closed the medicine cabinet and Min appeared in the doorway. "Jagi, I have to go downstairs for a little bit. Why don't you go on and lay down while I talk to the guys."

"I think that is a great idea. I hobbled with my blanket to the bed. He pulled back the covers and I climbed in. He tucked me in and kissed my forehead. "Love you, Minmin."

"Love you too, Sunny-ah. I will be back soon, I promise. You sleep." I mumbled and nodded. I think I was asleep again before he was out of the room.

My week in bed turned out to be a bit different than I had anticipated. When Minhyuk came back, he checked on me and I had a fever. I was shivering and I was sweating. I felt like I had been run over by a truck. I started throwing up and Min brought a garbage can to keep beside the bed, because I barely made it to the bathroom the first time.

He panicked a little and called Halmeoni. She told him to keep me covered and to put a wet rag on my forehead. She said she would send something via Jinho in a little bit and told him to calm down. I tried sipping on the broth from the soup Halmeoni sent, but I just couldn't bear the smell of food. It made things worse.

Late the next day I had a very tiny bowl of the soup and managed to keep it down. My fever had broken during the night, but I was still aching and tired. I had tried to send Minhyuk away so that he wouldn't get sick, but he insisted on staying with me. He also wanted to call the doctor, but I asked him not to. I said if I wasn't better the next day, he could. I don't get sick often and I usually get better quickly when I do.

By the third day I was beginning to feel a little bit better. I still had some queasiness and a headache, but I was able to function in limited capacity again. My strength was returning, so I took a hot shower. Just doing that made me feel much better. Minhyuk had barely left my side the whole time. He even got in with me and helped me wash my hair. He was afraid I might pass out. I was scared that he was going to get sick, but so far, he had not shown any symptoms.

While I was sleeping, he had been on the phone with one of the adoption agencies. Several months back, we had set appointments with two agencies. It takes a long time for these things. One of them had a change in their schedule and they were able to get us in sooner. I had two days to get over my ick.

That soup that Halmeoni sent had magical powers. It wasn't like any Korean soup I had ever had before. I know it didn't have ginseng, because that is not good for a fever. I don't know what it was, but it made a difference. I called Halmeoni and thanked her for sending it over. I could hear the smile in her voice when we talked. I hadn't seen her much lately, so I promised to come over after I felt better.

By the day of our appointment, I was back to almost 100%. I was upset that the week had been wasted, but he reminded me of our vows and smiled. "In sickness and in health," he said. He still wanted me to rest, even though I was feeling better. I was going to have to go back to the gallery soon and they were going to have to start getting things ready for their startup.