Stone

Drista's hand shook as she held the stone in her hand. It resembled an emerald, but it was glowing. And glowing bright. She felt nervous as she and Tommy walked through the forest, and she tried to hide the glow under her hoodie sleeve.

Tommy could see that she was filled with anxiety and trauma. The image of Dream falling to the floor, and dying... She couldn't get it out of her head. It was painful, watching it replay over and over again. Drista clenched her fists.

"Ok, I think we are here." Tommy stepped in front of Drista, and looked around. She saw a faint orange light through the bushes, and it flickered along with the slight breeze. It kept getting smaller and smaller, which indicated that whoever was camping out here was settling down for the night.

Drista was confused. Usually, these woods were dangerous. Animals, mobs, people... anyone roamed out here. She only stayed here once, but that was with Tommy and Techno.

Thats when it hit her.

Could this be Techno's camp?

No. It was impossible. He jumped off the edge, so surely he was dead! The void is endless, there is no surviving...

But before she could ask, Tommy pushed the branches and leaves out of the way, revealing a small camp. "Techno sent me a note to come here tonight. Luckly I found you, I was just about to head out when you were tossed out of that portal." Tommy continued through the trees, and silently walked forward.

It smelled of meat, mostly steak, and the fire was left unattended. Drista looked around for a tent, but she couldn't see anything but what looked like six large logs leaning against a nearby tree. She then noticed a long braid coming from the entrance.

She stood in shock for a moment,  breathing in the air filled with sweet pine scent. Techno... he was here! He was alive!

Drista ran towards the small shelter. Inside, Techno lay on the ground, in deep sleep. He didn't even bother to hold his blade, which is what he did before when both him and Drista travelled together. "To keep us safe, if there is danger..." he said.

Drista couldn't even bring herself to talk. She just hugged Techno, which made him wake up instantly. He jumped, and breathed in slowly. "Drista..." he mumbled, "I'm so tired..."

But when Techno spoke, there was no answer. Just small little sniffles, coming from over his shoulder.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dream sat up slowly.

He grabbed his head instantly, shocked by the pain.

He thought all that suffering was over. He had felt enough physical and emotional pain, watching his own sister pull his stone out of his head, letting him die.

And it was all because he messed up.

"I'm the shittiest person alive, I know." Dream said, to nothing. He was standing in black. He felt nothing, heard nothing. It was quiet, quieter than anything in the universe. He could hear his own heartbeat.

He slowly started to lose it.

"I KNOW, I KNOW, I TOOK ADVANTAGE OF WHAT YOU GAVE ME. I AM A TERRIBLE PERSON, A TERRIBLE BROTHER." He exhaled. "And I know, manipulating people, making them go crazy to the point that they KILL THEMSELVES..."

He slammed a fist onto the ground. "BUT, I LOVE DOING THAT!" He smiled, menacingly. "I felt no remorse while doing that. I don't care. I admit to it, I admit I'm horrible, but I don't. care."

Dream's breathing started to become heavy.

"Send me back down there, or I will do things that will mess everything up. I will."

Dream looked up.

Wilbur nodded.

"Ok, sure."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Drista had never really cried before.

She cried once, when she fell a long distance down the side of a small cliff, but then stopped. She didn't cry because of the pain, but because of the fact that Dream was there, to help her, to hold her, to carry her back down.

It was tears of joy and happiness that she had someone to help her.

It was the same now. Techno still hadn't quite woken up fully yet, but woke up enough that he could wipe her tears away with his sleeve. He had become almost like a father figure to her, and she couldn't believe that it all started with a duel, an injury, and breakfast the next morning.

That felt so long ago.

Techno grimaced. "We know each other, and you know I'm amazing. You don't have to cry."

But deep down inside, he was just being sarcastic. She was a friend to him, but he just... hadn't really had any friends before.

"And you." Techno pointed over Drista's shoulder to Tommy. "Come here."

"Hehe... um..." Tommy walked slowly towards Techno. "Hello, big..."

Techno pulled Tommy in.

"Wholly shit, Drista, I thought YOU were dead." Techno pulled away, and so did Tommy. Drista laughed a little, and reached into her pocket.

"Well, I did have some problems while I was there." She showed Techno the stone, and he touched it with his hands, and examined it.

"I'll have to look at this and do a little searching. Was this from Dream?"

"Yeah, I kind of pulled it out of his head."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!

Wholesome but also kinda cheesy chapter, I know.

I also know that I have been GONE :(((

OK, so... there is no more excuses. I just haven't had motivation to write. So now, I am going to get that motivation back.

I don't think I have written in about a month, which is not poggers, so I am going to set a RULE for myself that I have to write every Friday night. No exceptions.

So you all can expect some more chapters soon!

Thanks for reading, and have a good day/night!