Fire

The early morning sun shines through the window, and Techno sits up.

He didn't sleep all night.

Techno walks upstairs to go check on Tommy and Drista, but Drista is absent. Tommy still lays peacefully on the couch, drooling.

Techno softly moves the blanket up over Tommy's shoulders and looks around for Drista. He then sees her outside, in the snow, waving her spear around.

Drista practices. Her hands and feet move in a rhythm, and the spear moves seamlessly. Techno grins. Maybe she is a better fighter than he thought...

Techno opens the door and walks outside. Drista immeditally loses focus, and slips on the ice surrounding her. She hits the ground hard, but instantly stands up and gets back on her feet.

"Did I interupt anything?" Techno says. He smirks.

Drista takes a deep breath. "Uh, yes? I was kind of busy..."

"Sorry about that. Just wanted to let you know that I am making breakfast soon, and Tommy is still out. You might wanna draw that mustache on him before it's too late."

"I'll make a mental note to do that." Drista laughs. "Just hand me a sharpie and I'm good to go."

Techno smiles. "Well anyways, training starts back up today. I'll make an effort to be more careful this time."

"So what you are trying to say to me is 'sorry'? Thanks, Techno."

"NO... I mean... yes..."

Drista scoffs. "You don't apologize much, do you?"

"Apologizing does not come natural to me I guess." Techno sighs. "But yes, I'm sorry."

Techno turns around. "I'm going to go cook now. Just keep in mind, my cooking is awful and their is a slight chance of food posioning."

Drista's eyes widen as she thinks about the chicken they had the other day, but then she realizes it's a joke. Thank god...

Techno walks back to the house, and Drista continues working on her movements. That's when it all goes wrong.

---------------------30 Minutes Later-----------------------

"How the HELL did this happen?"

Tommy is clutching a bag of valuble items, and Drista is looking at the house in shock. The two stand beside each other in awe, as they watch Techno scramble inside to grab stuff that they need.

The house slowly starts to become engulfed in flames.

"TECHNO, HURRY UP!" Tommy drops the bag and starts to run towards the house, but Drista holds him back. "Let him do it, he'll be fine unless the fire reaches anything explosi-"

All the sudden, there is a loud bang.

Drista turns around, her eyes widening. The house explodes in front of her, and Techno runs out with weapons and food. Pieces of wood and stone fly everywhere, and Techno pushes both the teens forward. "MOVE!"

"SHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT..." Tommy grabs Drista's arm and throws her forward, which sends her tumbling down a hill. Rocks fly on top of the three, and hits Tommy in the shoulder. His hand flies up to the injury, and he winces in pain.

Drista struggles to grab onto something stable in the ground, but she manages and stops herself before she goes over a small, 10 foot cliff. Rocks and wood keep falling, and smoke from the fire makes it hard to see, or breathe.

Techno grabs Drista, and they all run as far away as they can from the sight. Tommy pants, and Drista pulls herself to her feet. "Did you get all the food and important weapons?"

Techno nods. "Yes, I did. Everything else was blown up or burnt."

"How did that even happen?" Tommy asks.

"I was just making breakfast... and... I don't know! Nothing was even burning in the furnace. Maybe an ember? I was keeping good track..." Techno looks stressed. "All my stuff... my house..."

Drista pats Techno's arm, and he stands up and collects himself. "Maybe when the house stops burning, we can go back and see what happened. I'm sorry you lost all your stuff, Techno."

"It happened so goddamn fast! I didn't even have time to react!" Techno can't seem to calm himself down. Tommy grabs Techno and pulls him towards a cave. "Just an angry breakdown, he has these quite a bit. Lemme handle it."

Drista turns and walks away so she can leave Techno and Tommy alone. She mutters to herself. How did that happen? If Techno didn't burn anything in the kitchen, then maybe it was a stray ember from the fireplace? Something flammable in the basement? Everything was so confusing...

It doesn't matter now. They have to find a place to stay and train, so that they can go and confront Tubbo. They have to get Tommy and Techno back. Back to the city, back to L'manburg.

-----------------------In the Nether--------------------------

Ghostbur stumbles on the thin bridge. They are suspended high above the lava, and nothing to catch their fall. Dream tries not to look nervous, but he fidgets constantly as they continue to walk.

"WeEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEeee are going to fiND DIRSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...." Dream stims. Ghostbur hands him some blue, and he grabs it and hugs it close. "WEeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEee..."

"Dream, it's ok. We are almost over the bridge, and Drista is probably on the other side!" Ghostbur puts his hand on Dreams shoulder, and starts to breathe heavily as he uses his energy to make himself solid. Ghostbur can't hold this state for long though, and his hand drops back to his side after a few moments.

Dream looks at Ghostbur with a reassuring smile, but immeditally goes back to singing his little song and fidgeting with his hands.

They finally make it over the bridge, and the portal is right in front of them. Dream shakes in excitement and jumps into it, and Ghostbur politely follows. Dream shakes nervously as the portal whisks them back to the Overworld.

The light of the sun comes back. Dream and Ghostbur step out into Tommy's little exile camp, expecting to see two young people talking and building and scavanging.

But that is not what they see.

The whole place is covered in ashes.

It smells musty and dirty, and everything is blown into smithereens. Dream lets out a small gasp when he looks around, and then starts singing a different song.

"dRIstaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa is DEADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD-"

"No no no no she's not!" Ghostbur wraps his arms around Dream, trying to confort him. But Dream keeps shaking.

"She's not hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....................." Dream whines. He is clearly tired and overstimulated, because he loses balances and stumbles forward.

Ghostbur catches him, and sets Dream lightly on the ground. Dream starts to silently cry.

"Where is she..."

Author's Note: SOooooooooo hey.... Yeah I know I haven't been updating I'm sorry...

The thing is, school started back up for me, and it's crazy because my grades SUCKED last semester, and I probably won't even get the chance to update if I don't have at least B's. So you need to deal a little bit, sorry.

I also had to take care of my mom after she had surgery, but now she can do some things by herself so I have more time to do things like this.

But anyways, thanks for waiting, and I will update again asap! Thanks!

BTW follow my twitter at @yazziedraws! Thanks guys <3