Two dogs with one bird. [38]

Start from the beginning

Luz carefully placed the cage down, "Yes I am! These were outside, dogs kept coming by and stepping over the others. So I wanted to take them inside til they became Butterflies!" Luz smiled.

Amity ruffled her hair, the witch giggling, playfully pushing her away, "Well, you gotta keep the birds away while you do this. Birds catch anything that moves, be it smaller then them of course." Amity said, looking around. "That crow will come over and catch them if we're not careful."

Luz ooed, "Right! I just remembered! Give me a minute, I won't take too long." Luz said, getting up, quickly rushing back inside.

Amity just watched the butterflies and single moth fly around carefully in the cage. The moth was amazing, Luz was lucky enough to find a sunset moth. It was pretty to look at, but it was possible the butterflies were jealous of it. Luz came back out, the crow flying over, landing on her shoulder, "He's hungry." Luz said, gently shaking the bag of seeds.

It cawed, reaching for the bag, "Hun- Hungry." It screeched in a harsh tone.

"What the-" Amity scoffed in amazement. "Now that's impressive."

"I know right? I don't know how, but I just started asking if he was hungry when or if he came by." Luz said, holding the open back up to him.

The crow put his beak in, munching on the seeds that were up to his standards. "When he's done eating, will he get away from the butterflies?"

He pulled back, bouncing his head up and down, "Craw! Hungry!" He cawed, lowering his head back in to the bag.

"No, he shouldn't at least. I mean, I hope not-"

He squawked, pulling back, flapping his wings, taking the bag and landing on the ground. He was smart enough to pour the seeds out, tossing the bag aside. He burried his face in the pile, Luz kneeling down beside him, using her index finger to carefully move his head feathers back.

The crow drew back, stepping aside from her, continuing to eat his seeds. "I will pet you. And I will make you love me." Luz huffed.

Amity booped his back, the crow flying up a bit, turning to face her, flapping his wings. "Come here pretty bird~" Amity cooed.

He hopped to her, Amity gently moving his feathers back. He let out a small croak, sounding like a deep purr. "Awh~ Who's a good Birdy?~"

"I don't get to pet him..!" Luz whined, going over to Amity. "Why won't you let me pet you..?"

"He gets on your shoulder doesn't he?"

The crow pulled back, flying up to Amity's arm, hopping up to her shoulder, "No fair! It took me such a long time to build up trust with him so I could sit with him while he eats!" Luz cried out.

He trilled, Amity poking his beak, "I like him. You're coming with me mister." Amity stated, carefully getting up.

Luz got up as well, the crow going back down to his seeds. "Can I keep him?-"

"Now you ask?" Luz huffed, crossing her arms as she looked away. "You're taking the crow I trained and built trust with."

Amity lifted Luz's chin up, wanting the witch to face her, "Well, he seems to like me. And he's still technically feral. He'd be allowed to come and go, so I'm sure he'll be fine."

Luz grumbled quietly, going back to her butterflies, and moth, picking up the cage. "I will go set them free, elsewhere." Luz humphed, walking towards her door. "You will have no access to watch it happen!"

"Luz.." Amity sighed.

"No! I will watch this happen, you stay there with your new bird."

He looked up and over at her, hopping towards the witch, croaking. He tilted his head to the side, hopping on her foot, sitting down, preening himself. "No no! You can't come! You'll eat my bugs!" Luz whined, gently nudging him away with her other foot.