Chapter 135

Gwen grins when Regulus passes her a familiar thermos.

He had completely transitioned to being a member of their group, especially now that the girls and the rest of the marauders knew that he and Remus were dating. Regulus had been terrified, but everyone was overjoyed. Truly happy that the Slytherin was finding a home with them.

It was a bitterly cold Quidditch match, and not just because of the weather. Slytherin was playing dirty, ignoring every blow of Madam Hooch's whistle and instead ramming into the Prewett twins or beating blushers towards Marlene and James. Sirius was fuming, that much Gwen could tell from her spot on the stands. Especially when Gabriel Pucey flies by where they are sitting, his eyes lingering on her.

Gwen ignores him, instead searching the sky for the snitch while chasing down White Rat Whiskey with some of Remus' warm tea. Regulus nudges her and mutters, "Carrow's looking at you."

"I'm rather used to being looked at," Gwen quips, voice as unimpressed as she feels. She wasn't going to be scared of a couple of Slytherin boys. She was however scared of Sirius' reaction. She hadn't minded him beating the daylights out of Severus, but she didn't want a repeat with every Slytherin on the Quidditch team.

Madam Hooch calls yet another foul when Avery elbows Marlene hard enough to nearly knock her off her broom. Dorcas gasps in horror, lurching to her feet as her girlfriend struggles to right herself. Lily's eyes widen and Gwen's throat closes. The Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, and Hufflepuff stands breath out a collective sigh of relief when Marlene pulls herself up and zooms off, a determined look on her face.

Gwen instantly looks for Sirius and already finds his concerned eyes on her. Her shoulders slump slightly. They were both checking on each other. She smiles slightly a rather mischievous idea popping into her head. One that might help him and the rest of the team.

She turns her eyes back to the pitch and finds that a group of three Slytherins keep blocking James whenever he goes to move higher and look for the snitch. Nonchalantly, Gwen hums a little to herself, feeling a gentle sensation as her charm slowly drifts from her like the waves out to the sea.

She stares blankly, observing the three boys as they stutter on their brooms, turning to look at each other in confusion. Gwen let's out another quiet hum, ignoring Remus when he asks suspiciously, "Ninnie, what are you up to?"

She blinks slowly, beckoning the boys with her mind and her allure, watching in amusement as they abandon James and begin to fly towards where she is sitting in the Gryffindor stands. Regulus hisses quietly, "Gwen! That's cheating!"

Gwen's lips twitch, but she doesn't reply. She merely hums contentedly when the three boys come to a stop in front of them. Amycus Carrow is practically drooling, his mouth hanging open. Gwen doesn't recognize the other boys, but they're just as dazed, flushed and wide eyed. Carrow blurts out hurriedly, "You're beautiful!"

Gwen grins slightly. He was going to be rather irritated with himself for confessing that one. Finding a creature beautiful is practically sin in his family. Though that was true of most pure bloods. She hoped his friends weren't too mean when he woke up.

Gwen's eyes drift from the boys, a laugh bubbling from her chest when they all scramble and fly higher to remain in her eye sight. Gwen just peers over them, a sense of pride filling her when she sees James zooming after a flash of gold. As soon as she sees her friend's hand grab the snitch, she releases her allure's hold on the boys.

The stands erupt in cheers and Gwen begins the race down the many stairs to get onto the pitch, her friends just behind her. A horde of Gryffindors storm the pitch, hooting and singing and yelling.

Gwen loses sight of James, but finds Sirius rather quickly. He grins when he spots her, tossing his broom aside and opening his arms. Gwen breaks into a run, laughing the whole way until she slams into his arms. Sirius laughs too, happy and free as he spins her around and brings her in for a heart stopping kiss

Gwen smiles against his lips, relishing the feeling of his cold nose pressing against her skin. He loved flying, loved quidditch. Even where he had to play against Slytherin gits. She playfully bites his lower lip, smirking when his grip on her waist tightens.

She winces when she's suddenly yanked back, a vice-like hand frigid and painful on her upper arm. She tries to not cry out, but a yelp of surprise leaves her before she can stop it, her eyes widening as she's whirled around to face Amycus Carrow.

She forces a smile and asks simply, "Feeling better?"

He sneers and she can tell he's considering reaching for his wand. He doesn't have time because Sirius is already pulling her back behind him, his wand draw as he warns quietly, "Back off, Carrow!"

"Your bitch used her filthy magic—"

Sirius scowls and interrupts, shouting, "DONT FUCKING CALL HER THAT!"

The Slytherin's eyes narrow and he suddenly smirks. He'd found Sirius' hot spot. Pucey and Avery join him, his weird sister Alecto lingering on the sidelines. Gwen had tried to be unassuming towards the girl, but she had just as odd an infatuation with the dark arts as her brother.

"Sirius," Gwen demands, "Lets go."

She can feel people looking, Gryffindor's and Slytherin's alike. Marlene and James shoulder past people to stand by Gwen, scowling at the Slytherin Quidditch team. Remus and Peter step forward. Gwen prays that Dorcas and Lily keep Regulus out of sight. For his safety.

The stare down is tense, quiet. Each waiting for the other to make the first move. Gabriel murmurs something in Carrow's ear that has him smiling wickedly.

Sirius stiffens when the Slytherin git says darkly, "Keep practicing your charm Whitlock. My friend Antonin has been rather excited ever since he's heard about you. You'll fetch a few galleon—"

He's cut off when Sirius lurches forward and shoves him back. Gwen blinks confusedly, trying to understand who the hell Antonin was. Sirius seemed to know. He shoves Amycus again, growling, "You shut your fucking mouth."

"Make me, Black," He jeers, baiting him. "Come on, I could get you a portion of the money for your little pet. Tell me, is her mouth as good as it looks?"

This time it's not Sirius cutting him off. He's too late, the boy's jaw goes slack and his eyes go round. Charmed. Sirius whirls around and stares at Gwen's passive face in surprise. Her voice is curt when she repeats, "Let's go."

Something about her tone tells him there's no room for an argument. So he grabs her hand and quickly pulls her through the crowd.

Some are still celebrating, others are gawking in disbelief as the group of Slytherin's try to wake up their dazed friend.