Chapter 12

I woke up early for quidditch practice. Knight was nowhere to be seen in the room, which was weird, how did he get through the door?

I threw the blanket off me that wasn't on me when I fell asleep. I quickly brushed my teeth and changed into my quidditch uniform. I put my stuff somewhere else that it will be hidden so not even Professor Snape can see it.

I left the classroom in a hurry just not to be seen by anyone and walked to the great hall for breakfast before heading done to the pitch.

'Where do you think you're going, Flint'? Oliver asked.

'Quidditch practise'.

'I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today', He told Flint.

'Easy Wood, I've got a note', Flint handed Oliver a note.

'I, Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practise today, owing to the need to train their seeker', Oliver read. I frowned.

'I don't need training, I'm better at flying than anyone on the team', I growled. Flint looked at me and poked me on the shoulder.

'I suggested it, you brat'.

'Don't call my sister that'.

'I can speak to her however I want, I'm her captain'! Hermione and Ron came over to see what the problem was.

'Shut up! Who caught the snitch first Quidditch game last year, huh'?

'(y/n)', Ron started.

'What'!

'Your hand is on fire'.

I looked down at my hand and it was indeed on fire, blue flames. I dropped my broom and ran back to the castle. The blue fire was now on both my hands. I started to panic so I went to the closest room, the potions room. I swung the door open and rushed to the sink, putting my hands in the water.

The whole day I felt very different, like a power inside me. I wondered how the fire was on fire and how I didn't feel any heat.

I watched as Professor Snape graded some papers at his desk in my detention. He didn't give me anything to clean or whatever, he just gave me a potions book, full of information about the ingredients and told me to read and study it.

'Are those first-year papers'? I asked, seeing the frustration on his face.

'Yes', he drawled.

'Is it alright if I help you grade'? He looked at me with a frown.

'Get a chair then'.

I smiled, getting up and dragging my chair to his desk and sitting down across from him. He handed me some papers and I started grading.

I frowned when I reached my third paper. There were so many mistakes. Now I could understand why Professor Snape always had an annoyed face when grading.

'Was I like this is the first year'?

'No'.

My eyes started to burn. I rubbed them but still, they burned. I got up and went to the sink and splashed my face with some cold water.

'Are you okay, Potter'?

'Yeah, just my eyes, they were burning like hell for some reason'.