Chapter 11

I woke up early because of a nightmare about last year with Voldemort and all. I got changed after fixing myself in the bathroom and headed to the black lake. While walking there, I sang to myself.

'If you wanna run away with me, I know a galaxy
And I can take you for a ride
I had a premonition that we fell into a rhythm
Where the music doesn't stop for life
Glitter in the sky, glitter in my eyes
Shining just the way I like
If you're feeling like you need a little bit of company
You met me at the perfect time
You want me, I want you, baby
My sugarboo, I'm levitating
The Milky Way is liberating
Yeah, yeah, yeah'.

I heard a snap of a twig. I slowed my pace and looked in the woods. An animal, a wolf emerged from behind a tree. I walked closer and kneeled down.

'Hello, you're a beautiful one, aren't you'? I outstretched my hand. 'Umm... I'm not going to hurt you'. Finally, the wolf let me pat it. 'Wow, your fur is soft, you wanna come to the great hall to eat something? I'm sure Dumbledore won't mind and then after, before my potions class, we can go for a run'. The wolf tilted his head. 'I'm an animagus, I'm kinda unregistered, so don't tell anyone', I laughed.

The wolf surprisingly followed me to the great hall and sat at the Slytherin table with me. I got my sketchbook out after putting food on the plate for myself and the wolf.

'I see you brought another mutt to the table just like you', Pansy spat. The wolf growled. I rolled my eyes and turned my attention to my sketchbook.

'Don't pay attention to her', I told the wolf. 'I should probably give you a name, how's Timber sound? No, Knight, that's better, I'll call you Knight'.

I was starting to draw a wolf, it is going to be drawn so that both wolves are pressing their foreheads together. Knight pawed my almost finished wolf drawing.

'Yeah, my animagus form is a wolf, a bit of a coincidence, huh'? I whispered to Knight. 'I also have this thing, like when something goes wrong, I have a way of expressing my sorry without words'. Knight tilted his head. 'Ok, so it goes like this'. I leaned my head closer until I touched my forehead with his.

'What are you doing, freak'? Pansy shouted. Knight growled.

'Pansy, shut your mouth', Draco yelled at her. I rolled my eyes.

'Anyway, let's go, Knight, I wanna see if you can beat me in a race'.

I went outside again to the black lake and put my stuff down on a rock.

'Ok, we run to the front door to the castle and back here out, first one back wins'. I changed into my white wolf form, once I did, Knight already started running off.

I quickly ran after him, eventually, passing him and reaching the castle's huge doors first and then I ran back to the rock.

I stood tall when I bet Knight in our little race. When he came over, I pressed my forehead against his, changing back.

'Sorry but I win', I said, panting. I looked at my watch. My eyes widened at the time. 'Shit, Snape is going to murder me, I'm 2 minutes late'. I scoffed. He will even give Harry detention for just breathing. 'I'll come back after my classes, okay? See you, Knight'.

I grabbed my stuff and ran to the dungeons and into the potions classroom, sitting at a table with Ron, Harry and Hermione.

'Where's Professor Snape? I thought he would be here'? I asked them. 'I thought he will give me a year's detention if he saw me coming in late', I joked.

'You know, just waiting for the right moment to make his intimidating entrance', Harry said.

'Where were you by the way'? Hermione asked me.