Chapter 8

~Snape's POV~

Dumbledore has informed me about the Potters. Someone was trying to steal it, the stone, it's obvious it is Quirrell. I had my eyes on him since the day he came to this school.

I passed the three-headed dog, quickly rushing. I soon saw both Potters lying unconscious on the stairs, Professor Quirrell's robes were on the floor too but he was nowhere to be seen. I immediately rushed to (y/n) and checked her over. Her head was bleeding badly. Minerva and Albus came soon after I did, I picked (y/n)'s wand and stuffed it in my cloak before picking her up. Dumbledore took the stone while Minvera picked Harry.

On the way to the hospital wing, (y/n)'s eyes fluttered open then shut, she mumbled once or twice. It was strange how she didn't really look like her parents. Only her smile, her mother's but I guess it was for the best that she didn't look like them.

'What happened this time'? Poppy said, frustrated. I laid her on the bed and Poppy tended to the wound on (y/n)'s head.

~Your POV~

I woke up but still kept my eyes shut when I felt an enormous pain in my head.

'Ahh', I groaned.

'Drink this'. I opened my eyes and a vile was given to me by Professor Snape.

'What is it'?

'Drink it and you'll find out'. I did what he said and the pain in my head went away. 'Better'?

'Yes, thank you'. I handed him the vile back. 'How long have I been here'?

'About three days, the same as your dear brother'. I frowned at his sarcastic state.

'Wait, so that means, today is the end of school year', I said. We'll be going back to the Dursley's.

'Correct, Madam Pomfrey said you'll be right to go after a few minutes once you've waken up'. Madam Pomfrey walked toward me, placing a palm on my forehead.

'Yes, I said that', Madam Pomfrey said, entering the room. 'You're right to go then, just take it easy'.

'Thank you'. I leaped out of bed and changed using a spell.

'How do you know such a spell'? Snape said, brow raised.

'Read it in a book'. I walked to the great hall where everyone sat.

'(Y/n), you're alright', Hermione hugged.

'Yeah, just got this bandage on my head', I laughed.

Slytherin banners were hang around the room. I heard a clinging sound and all the students stopped talking to face Dumbledore. I walked over and sat at the Slytherin table next to Draco.

'You alright there, (y/n)'? He asked, concered.

'Yeah, I'm alright, thanks for asking, Draco'. His cheeks went a little red.

'It's okay, I was just worried about you'.

'Another year has gone and now as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding and the points stand thus in fourth place Gryffindor with 312 points'. I smiled that Slytherin wasn't in last place but I was also sad for Harry. 'Third place Hufflepuff with 352 points in second place Ravenclaw with 426 points and in first place with 472 points, Slytherin'. The Slytherin table burst in applause. 'Yes, well done Slytherin, well done Slytherin however recent events must be taken into account and I have a few last-minute points to award'. I hid my face in my arms on the table, listening. 'To Miss Hermione Granger the cool use of intellect while others were in grave peril, 50 points, second to Mr Ronald Weasley for the best-played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen these many years, 50 points'. I heard applause from our table. 'Third to Mr Harry Potter for pure love and outstanding career I award Gryffindor house 60 points'.

'I have one more student to give house points too', Dumbledore continued. 'It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies but a great deal more to stand up to your friends I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom'. All the Gryffindor students screamed. 'Assuming that my calculations are correct I believe that a change of decoration is in order'.

Dumbledore clapped his hands and the Slytherin banners changed to Gryffindor ones.

'Gryffindor wins the house cup'. They all got up screaming. I was a bit disappointed but at least my brother's house won the cup.