Sabina Digby- Part 2

I never realised how alone I am. After Miles walked off to find Honey I lost his company and I no longer had a reason to use my voice. I like Miles. I like him a lot but we would never get anywhere. I have asked him time and time again to leave with me but he doesn't seem to keen, but can I blame him? if my family where still alive I wouldn't leave either. I miss the strawberry blonde colour of my mothers hair, and the stern caring nature of my father. The one question that haunts me is, why did they spare me? I have always wanted to know but sadly I can't find out.
While I'm walking back to my hut something wavers in the shadows. Something male and strong. I stop and look around hoping I'm not imagining it. Then I hear rustling. Without a second thought I bolt. I run as fast as my tired legs will take me. I can feel the last layer of the sole of my shoe begging to wear thin. But I don't stop I keep running. I look to my left and meet the familiar gaze of somebody but I can't pin point who. before I can look back the person tackles me to the ground. Pushing me hard onto the rough dirt. I scream in agony because I can feel a metal object cutting into my back.
"Sabina Digby." The male says. "You remember me don't you?"
I shake my head. But the truth is I know exactly who he is. Dex Ayers. He used always try to talk to me when I was younger. Then when I grew up he wanted to be more than friends. I was terrified of him, and I still am. he is sitting on my waist pining my arms down with his feet laughing.
"Really? Well as you know I know who you are. Your the girl who sadly rejected me to go out with Tyler. Tyler? I never understood. Why him? He was your best friends best friend. And he was and still is a bastard." I cringe at the thought Tyler was an illusionist. always lying to me about everything and one day I had enough. I yelled at him, he lashed out at me and struck my face. But he didn't stop there, no he wanted to make sure I payed. I have never told Honey this but he beat me mindlessly. I was screaming and Miles heard me and came to my rescue and knocked Tyler out before he killed me. I don't know if he meant it or if he was on something but my opinion still stands. Tyler is a monster. Dex and Tyler ran off together to join the out laws. So when Miles told me he saw Tyler I tried to make him seem wrong, for my sake, because he scares me, and now looking in to Dex's eyes I can tell he is here for Tyler.
"Where is he Sabi." He says pushing my arms down harder.
"I swear Dex. I don't know." I say squirming.
"Oh so you do remember who I am." he says in an evil tone.
"Yes. I do, but I'm telling you the truth I haven't seen Tyler since you both joined the Rangers." just speaking his name gives me the shivers.
"Why would I believe you? You lied to me." he says.
"Because Dex your still in there and the real you the nice you. would believe me when I told him, I don't know where he is and quite frankly I never want to see him again." he eases on his grip.
"He quit." Dex says his eyes going glassy. "And if I don't kill him they will kill me." I shudder.
"Dex run. Leave them. Go as far as you can." I say as he releases his grip.
"No Sabi you don't understand they will never ever stop looking for me or Tyler. We can never escape." I hate to give him false hope because I know it's true. They will hunt them down until they can't run any more and they will kill them.
"Dex I have to go. But good luck on your quest. I hope all goes well." I stand up and look down on him.
"May we meet again. lovely Sabina Digby." he says as he gets up and walks the other way.

When I reach my hut I run to my bed. I'm exhausted. My legs are so sore and my back is bleeding everywhere but I'm to tired to care. My only t-shirt in ripped and bloody now. I can feel my eyelids getting heavy. I'm nearly asleep when I hear someone pounding on the door. I know the sound all to well. Miles.
"Come in." I say the thoughts of Tyler being back now preventing me from sleeping.
"Sabi." few it's Miles.
"I know he's back Miles. and I want to stay as far away from him as possible." I sound shaky but I can't help it.
"Sabi I need to tell you something." he says raising his voice but keeping it calm.
"Miles nothing you say can convince me to talk to him. To even look at him. I don't want to-" He cuts me off.
"We are leaving. Honey Tyler and I. I refuse to leave without you." I can feel my hands shaking.
"Why, why, why, is he going? I have always wanted to leave. I just. Tyler? Why is he back?" I don't know why I ask him I already know he quit and that the Rangers are looking for him. I just need to hear him say it.
"He quit, and now the Rangers are after him. So we are leaving and considering there's nothing left for you in this town once I'm gone your coming to." I can feel my eyes staring to water.
"Why Miles? Why? You know what he did to me. I was constantly looking over my shoulder waiting for his return waiting for him to come for me and this time he won't stop." I can feel hot tears streaming down my face. Miles comes in closer and embraces me. I bury my head in the side of his neck. He gives me a friendly kiss on the forehead.
"I would never ever let anyone hurt you. I have been there for you since day one and I will be there for you until the end." I smile.
"Thanks dimool." I say laughing.
"Your welcome." he says kissing my forehead again.
I can feel his muscles tensing evey time he moves and I find myself thinking how great he would look without a shirt. I shake my head trying to get the image out of my head. Miles gives me a confused look.
"Sorry just fighting myself." I smile.
"You dimool." he says smiling back.
"Oh and Sabi we are leaving tomorrow I'm getting all the weapons from my weapon guy that I know. And apparently you and Honey get paid tomorrow so we will leave later tomorrow afternoon." I sighed.
"Miles I'm scared." I say truthfully.
"I know but I will be there and I won't let that dimool hurt you. Ever again.
Pack your stuff and be ready for a quick escape." he says walking out of my hut.

The next morning Honey and I are walking to old man Subbons farm to get our pay. I don't talk much.
"Sabina we are leaving tomorrow did Miles-" I cut her off I don't care if I sound like a bitch I'm anxious being this close to Tyler.
"Do you have your stuff." I nod.
"Look Honey can we not talk about this please I'm already scared out of my brains lets just get our pay and go okay." I sound so mean but I'm petrified of Tyler.
"Okay. Let's do it." She says and I smile. And hug her.
"Where would I be without you?" I say hugging her. As we walk up to the farm hut. I can't fight the scared feeling I have in my stomach.