Sabina Digby- Part 1

What is safe? What is it really? Does it mean that your out of harms way? Does it mean that you can't be killed by the very things lurking around this wasted earth? I was discussing those questions with my best friend Honey while we were on our way to the traders market yesturday. She told me safe was a lie. Told by every grown ups to give us hope that we would wake up in the morning. When I was 4 my parents told me I was safe. The next day I found their decapitated bodys in a pool of blood. Curtesy of the raiders. I lost everything that day. But in a world when something could kill you at any moment you learn to move on. I was born with radiation exposure, which means I have faults or, mistakes. For example, my right eye is a purple colour and my left is dark blue, my toes are webbed and my skin is blotchy. I have got it good compared to others. Raiders on the other hand are different, they are psyco robots who got minds of their own from the radiation, they are bent on taking over the world. Starting with the insignificant little towns with sad little deformed human beings. They attack our town often mainly the upper class. I was told once that our town was once a great city, one of the best in the world actually. That was before the war. Before the great New York City truned into a wasteland for pity survivours. I believe that there is something better out there. Something far, far away from this broken wasted city. I have tried to convince Honey to leave with me over and over but she always declines, but she still has family. She has a brother (who no one has seen for ages because he joined an outlawed gang) and she has her parents (they run a water purification plant in the next town) she doesn't see them often, because she's too busy working on old Subbons farm. But I know if she could leave she would. Another thing that always stops me is the raiders. I have never seen one but anyone who has hasn't been around to tell the story if you know what I mean.
"Sabina?" Someone calls my name and I spin to face them. Except there's no one there. I think I might be losing it. That's the second time that's happened this week.

"Sabina?" This time I'm certain the voice is real I look up and spin.

"Sabina what the hell are you doing." Miles says to me. Miles charmant. One of the many guys working in the same sector as me. 

"Geez Miles you scared the crap out of me." I say lying a little but who cares its only Miles.

"Sorry, umm have you seen Honey?  I wanted to buy some food from her but I can't find her anywhere."  

"No sorry. But I can help you find her." I say getting up from my position, and following Miles Out the door of my hut.

________________________________________________________________________________

We hope you enjoyed this chapter for the next chapter please go on to megzy19

Please continue to leave feedback and votes. Thanks heaps.

*Chloe and Meg*