Part 15 : Unobstructed

KURENAI

"Again, thank you for granting my selfish request," Kurenai sternly says, bowing respectfully to the heads of one of the four honored clans in Konoha, Chōza and Chiharu Akimichi. Chōza nods but is clearly confused about her insistence to speak with them as soon as humanly available as well by the disguised person sitting next to the Jōnin-sensei. The four are in the traditionally styled seating room of the main house of the Akimichi compound with the clan heads seated across Kurenai and a black cloaked, masked figure.

"As I mentioned this is a very delicate situation and may not begin to make sense until the end," Kurenai speaks. "Furthermore, the identity of the person next to me will never be revealed." Despite having to look up at the large Akimichi, Kurenai doesn't blink, buckle, or dwindle in any way.

Chōza stares into the serious red eyes of the Jōnin and can easily read how deadly serious she is. The tall figurehead grumbles but nods nonetheless, adding, "then please speak, Kurenai-sensei."

"I'd like to ask Chōji-kun a few questions; in your presence, of course," Kurenai starts and quicker than a heartbeat, the clan heads grow tense at the mention of their son and heir. Though easily detecting a clout of paternal energy emanating from them, the raven-haired Jōnin continues calmly as if she felt no hostility. "I will also ask for one of your blue pills, as that item is at the center of this entire event."

In addition to tense shoulders and upright posture, the two heads grow confused. Chōza states, "we'd, very much, like to know what you plan to ask Chōji."

"Of course, Chōza-dono," Kurenai states. "My intention is to ascertain Chōji-kun's knowledge of the blue pill. All I will ask is if he knows what it is and if he's-" A tap on Kurenai's arm from the hidden Ino lets her know she wishes to completely disappear. Kurenai turns from Ino to the observant heads. "With your permission, she wishes to be hidden further in genjutsu. She will not leave my side, I give you my word as a Jōnin of Konoha." With a hard nod from Chōza, Kurenai utilizes her genjutsu to completely erase Ino's presence from their senses, though she, herself, can still see the blond double over trying to keep her shaky breathing even.

Kurenai places her hand on Ino's shoulder though it looks as if she's comforting nothing but air. "You have to understand Chōza-dono, Chiharu-dono, this person has suffered in ways no girl should due to either foul-play or negligence. You know the purpose of your stimulant pill. It shouldn't be difficult to imagine."

"You're saying... Chōji..." Chiharu starts her mind racing. "He would never! He couldn't!"

"I've only ever heard positive things about Chōji-kun," Kurenai admits. "Without the personality needed to carry out such intentions, it's clear there's a piece missing. I only wish to ask him if he knows what the pill is and if he gave it to anyone." Chōza's hard face nods, and Kurenai adds, "please allow me to ask him myself."

They place the blue pill on the table between them and summon Chōji. Stern parents on one side and the pretty Jōnin Ino had talked about on the other side is the sight Chōji faces when he enters the seating room.

"Otou-san, Okaa-san," Chōji calls for clarity. "Kurenai-sensei," he greets with a short bow.

"Please have a seat, Chōji-kun," Kurenai gestures. Slowly, he does as she asks. Spotting the blue pill in the middle of the table, a twin of one he had taken, Chōji automatically grows nervous. He hadn't liked taking the pill, but he was happy that Ino had become much friendlier within the team, so he can't feel all that bad. "Chōji-kun," Kurenai delicately starts. Despite his parents stern energy, the pretty sensei's smile puts him at ease. "If you could help us out, there are a few questions I'd like to ask you. Now be honest, do you know what this is?"