Soft Touch

I heard voices and laughter fill the room. I didn't open my eyes, I tried to go back to sleep because I was still tired.

"Shut up, you're gonna wake her up!" I heard Sodapop whisper-yell.

I heard some other people laugh. I opened my eyes and realized I was still cuddling with Soda and the entire gang was there. I rubbed my eyes and looked around the room.

"Oh my God," I mumbled.

Everyone started laughing and cracking up, and I buried my face into the pillow. I felt Soda rub my back a little underneath the blankets, making me smile.

Eventually, the guys left and went into the living room. I lifted my head and Soda looked at me with a smile.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to—" I apologized.

"Don't be sorry," he said.

"But... I embarrassed you and—I was like... cuddling with you the whole night. I'm so sorry..." I said.

"Don't apologize, Hazel. It was nice, I loved it," he said.

"You... what?"

"I was cuddling with you too, I just like... let go when the guys came, ya dig?"

"Oh."

"Yeah. It was good, I hope we can do it again sometime," he said, flashing me a smile.

I opened my mouth to say something, but my words wouldn't come out. He just chuckled and climbed out of bed. I saw his abs again, my jaw dropping a little. He grabbed some clothes and walked to the bathroom to change. I did the same, I just grabbed one of his shirts and a pair of jeans that I left here a few nights ago.

I walked out to see the boys surrounded around the dining room table, talking about something. Two-Bit cleared his throat once he saw me and the other boys quickly shut up. They turned their heads around to face me, and I just gave them a confused look.

"What?" I snapped.

"N—Nothing," Soda said.

"Uh... okay," I answered. I walked over to the counter and grabbed a pancake. I ate it pretty quickly, the boys moving onto other conversations. I walked into the living room and sat down on the couch, fixing my eyes onto whatever dumb show was on now.

I chuckled at a joke someone made and felt someone sit down next to me. I looked over to see Soda on the couch beside me.

"Hi," he greeted.

"Hey," I answered.

"What are you watching?" he asked, watching the TV.

"Uh, I have no idea," I answered honestly. "So, what were you guys talking about?"

"What do you mean?" he lied.

"You know what I mean."

"Oh, that? Uh, clowns. Yeah, we were talking about clowns."

"Clowns?" I teased, knowing he was lying.

"Yep," he clarified.

"Oh, okay..."

We all hung around the Curtis house for the rest of the day, but all I could think about is me and Sodapop cuddling last night. He wanted to do it again? I still feel his soft touch on my back and him whispering in my ear 'goodnight.'