Watching The Stars

I strummed a few notes on my guitar strings, making music. I quietly sang my song about Soda under my breath. Then, my door opened, startling me. I turned around to see Two-Bit, Steve, and Soda barging into my bedroom.

"Hey! Whaddya doin', Hazel?" Steve asked.

"What does it look like I'm doing, Randle?" I sassed.

"Calm down, Haze, I was just askin'." 

I set my guitar down and walked over to the guys, who were messing around with my keyboard. They played a few notes, making screeching sounds pour out of the instrument. They laughed at how badly it sounded. 

"So what's goin' on guys?" I asked, sitting down on my bed.

"We wanted to ask you to go to the Nightly Double with us," Two-Bit offered.

"Eh, sure, why not?" I mumbled, shrugging. It was still light outside, so we decided to hang out at my house until it was time to go. I was sitting on my bed with Soda next to me, Two-Bit on my hanging chair, and Steve sitting on the floor.

I got up and walked over to my record player in the corner of my room. I picked up the needle and took the record off. 

"What do y'all wanna listen to?" I asked, flipping through the records I had.

"Whaddya got?" Two-Bit asked.

"Elvis, Rolling Stones, Beatles..." I read.

"Ooh, play some Elvis!" Two-Bit shouted.

I grabbed my Elvis vinyl and played You'll Be Gone.

"Aww, thank you, thank you very much," Two-Bit called out, imitating Elvis, causing us all to bust out laughing. 

We kept bumming around my room, talking about random things, just killing time. 

"Did I tell you guys what Hazel did at the movies the other day?" Sodapop asked, laughing.

"No. What did you do?" Steve asked, glaring at me.

I blushed a little and laughed. 

"There were some girls sitting behind us, ya know, obsessing over me. I mean, who wouldn't?" He joked, pretending to do a hair-flip. 

"Oh, shut your trap!" I said, throwing a pillow at him.

"And we got up to leave and Hazel dumped the bucket of popcorn on the girl's head!" 

Two-Bit and Steve started laughing, and Soda looked at me, laughing as well. I watched him laughing, which sounds weird, but his smile was the whole world to me. His teeth were so perfect, and his jawline was so sharp. 'Making him laugh was the best feeling in the world, I wish I was something he deserved.' I was always trying to think of a line that summed up how satisfied I felt when I made him laugh. That was it, that was the perfect line. 

"Alright, we should get goin'," Steve said a little while later.

"Yeah, it's gonna get dark soon," Sodapop pointed out. 

We got up and walked into the living room. We stepped out into the bright sunlight, and the freezing wind hit me. I shivered a little, but we kept walking. 

"Is anyone meeting us there?" I asked.

"Dally might," Steve said, "I told him 'bout it earlier, but I dunno if he's comin' or not."

I nodded. 

We finally reached the Nightly Double and we walked to the row of chairs and sat down. I sat in between Soda and Two-Bit, and I was really happy I sat next to Sodapop. Hopefully there ain't any girls over here that I have to tell off. The movie started to appear on the screen, and I shivered, wishing I brought a coat.