Johnnycakes

I leapt up from the couch and decided to follow after Johnny so I could talk to him. I didn't see him when I first walked outside. So, I jogged to the lot, since he was almost always there. I got there, and I didn't see him. I looked everywhere that Johnny could've gone, and he wasn't anywhere. I decided to just go to the Curtis house, because Johnny probably went home and I really don't want to face his parents.

I walked in the house, to see nothing out of the ordinary. Things being thrown, laughing, music blaring, screaming, Mickey Mouse playing, and Steve stuffing his face with chocolate cake.

"Hey, Hazel!" Sodapop called.

"Hi," I said, quietly.

No one really payed attention to me, I just sat down on the couch. Sodapop walked over to me and plopped down next to me.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked, sweetly.

I looked over at him and smiled. He could always tell when something was wrong. "Uh, well, Johnny kind of got mad at me. He was yelling at me and stuff... I dunno. Then he stormed out of my house, and I went to go talk to him, but I couldn't find him," I explained.

"Johnny yelled at you? When?" Soda asked, concerned.

"Right after you left."

"Why?"

"Well... I was confused too, he didn't really say why he was mad. Pony said he... had a thing for me or something," I mumbled.

Sodapop looked down and fidgeted with his fingers. "Oh," he muttered.

"I just feel bad, I guess. I don't want to hurt him," I said.

"Hurt who?" Two-Bit called from the floor.

"Uh, nothing," I answered.

Sodapop licked his lips and sighed. "I know you don't want to hurt him. Y--You don't like him though, right?"

I cocked my head to the side, giving Soda a disappointed look. "No. I like you, Soda," I whispered, trying not to let anyone else hear.

"Okay, good," he said, a smile reappearing on his face.

I gave him a smile and Steve appeared out of nowhere and tackled Soda to the ground. They wrestled around on the ground for a while and then I decided to find Ponyboy. I knocked on his door and he said I could come in. I opened the door to find Pony laying on his bed, reading a book.

"Find Johnny?" He asked me, closing his book.

"Nope. I looked everywhere," I complained.

"I'm sorry. He'll turn up."

"I hope so," I muttered.

"Can I hear your song?" Pony asked, chuckling.

"No!" I squealed, giggling.

"Please," he begged, dragging the word out.

"No!!!"

"I bet it's sweet!"

"No, Pony," I said, laughing. I could tell my face was red.

Ponyboy and I started laughing, and we heard the door fly open. Two-Bit barged in and stood in the doorway, confused.

"What's so funny?" Two-Bit asked, cluelessly.

"Don't!" I threatened.

Ponyboy was still laughing, he couldn't talk even if he tried.

"Nothing," I mumbled.

Two-Bit just sighed and leaned against the doorframe. "Anyway, it's time for dinner."