Spending The Night

Ponyboy walked out of the room and into the living room to call Darry, leaving me and Soda in the room alone.

"Hey, I had a lot of fun tonight," he said, grabbing my hand.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, did you?"

"Are you kidding?" I asked, "I had so much fun."

"That's good." He brushed his thumb up and down against the back of my hand, sending shivers down my spine, in a good way.

Ponyboy barged back into the room, making me jump a little. Sodapop chuckled, and hid our hands away from Pony a little more.

"Darry said I could stay, and you too, Soda. But he said to make sure you guys don't do anything," he explained.

"We won't," Sodapop said with a chuckle. "I'm gonna go change. I have extra clothes in your guest room."

"Okay."

He walked out of the room, and I looked over at Pony who was giving me a mischievous smile.

"What?" I asked, chuckling.

"What happened?" He asked, "I'm dying to know!"

I giggled, blushing. "I mean, we went out to dinner and we basically just talked and--"

Soda pushed the door open, startling me. Soda wasn't wearing a shirt, just a pair of sweatpants. I felt my mouth drop open a little, and I quickly snapped back into reality and shut my mouth. I heard the boys both chuckle a little, and I just looked away, embarrassed.

Ponyboy left the room to go change, and Soda and I tried to figure out sleeping arrangements.

"Do you want me to sleep on the floor?" He asked.

"I mean... I dunno." I wanted him to sleep in the bed with me, but I was afraid it was too soon for that.

"I can," he offered.

"Um, I'm not sure. If you want--uh... you can sleep--"

Ponyboy walked in and sat back in the chair, watching us.

"Uh, never mind, uh--yeah, if you want to sleep on the floor you can."

"Alright," he said, grabbing a blanket from the stack I have in the corner and laying it down.

"Wow," Ponyboy muttered from across the room.

"What?" I asked, clueless.

"You're making him sleep on the floor? That's harsh."

"Well--I... he can--he can sleep on the bed... if he wants, I mean..."

"No, it's okay," he said with a chuckle, "I'll sleep on the floor."

"Okay," I mumbled.

We laid down and started to drift off to sleep. We didn't really talk, we were all really tired.

"Soda?" I whispered.

"Yes?"

"Do you want to sleep up here?" I asked.

"Can I?"

"Yeah."

I felt him open up the covers and slide into bed next to me. My bed was pretty small, it was a full sized bed, so he was pretty close. We laid down, facing each other. He was in the middle of the bed, and I was practically shoved against the wall. I didn't have to be, there was plenty of room between us, I just didn't know if he wanted to be close to me.

"Why are you way over there?" He asked.

"Oh, uh, I dunno... I wanna give you enough room?" I guessed.

"Come here."

I scooted over closer to him, and he rolled onto his back. I put my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around my back. I relaxed and soon drifted off to sleep, wrapped in Soda's arms. It didn't feel real. Nothing that happened today did.