HARDER

Leo rolled his wheelchair into the Hephaestus cabin. Nyssa was packing at her bedside. Leo rolled up to her.
"What's going on? Going somewhere?"
Nyssa nodded as she turned, her face wet from tears.

"What's wrong?" Leo asked.

"I got word that my mom was diagnosed with...with a brain tumor. I'm going home for a while."
Leo put a hand on her arm.

"I"m sorry."
Nyssa sniffed and looked away.

"I didn't expect it for her. But I'm sorry for leaving you like this."
"No, Nyssa, you belong with your mom right now. It'll be okay here. I'll take care of the cabin. You do what you have to do."

Nyssa smiled slightly.
"Thanks, Leo.'
They hugged before she grabbed her bag.

"I should go. My mom is here."

Nyssa walked out of the cabin. Leo was alone. He turned his chair to examine the empty room, with the empty bunks up against the walls. His heart started to ache once more at the quietness. He could hear the laughter and talks from the cabins nearby. Why did his cabin have to lose everyone? Leo blinked back tears.

No. He had to stop crying every time he walked into the cabin. It wasn't fair to tear apart his heart every time he entered what used to be such a loud, happy, exciting place.

Leo went to his work table. they had moved his and Nyssa's tables in place of some of the empty bunks. Might as well take advantage of all the extra space.

Leo fiddled with tools, wires, and metal pieces. An idea popped into his head. A simple small thought.

Leo dwelt on it a little more before he got to work.