twenty seven

Sooyeon and Renjun arrived at the restaurant in a pretty short amount of time.

They thought that maybe they had gotten there too early but fortunately, they came just in time since Baekhyun and the grandmother had just gotten the table for them.

"Hi!" Sooyeon said as she placed Dea's carrier on the ground and hugged Baekhyun and her grandmother.

"We missed you." Her grandmother said and Baekhyun agreed.

"Grandma makes me work with her now." He told the girl which made her laugh.

"Hi." Renjun said and shook their hands, Baekhyun staring very intensely as he shook his.

Renjun awkwardly stared back, not knowing what was going on and then went to shake their grandma's hand, still glancing at Baekhyun who continued staring.

Sooyeon was quick to notice and smacked her older brother on the head gently, making him scowl.

"You're scaring him and acting like you haven't met him before." Sooyeon scolded her brother who pouted.

"I didn't even get the chance to use my protective older brother prank." Baekhyun whined and Renjun let out a sigh of relief.

"I genuinely thought you hated me for a second." Renjun told him as he sat down, placing Yejun next to him.

"Nah, I can't hate someone who makes my little sister happy." Baekhyun said which Renjun smiled at before putting on a confused expression.

How did he know-

"Are you guys ready to order your drinks?" A voice spoke up, taking Renjun out of his thought.

Renjun looked at everyone for approval before nodding and ordering their drinks. Afterwards, he went back to the thought in his head.

Sooyeon looked over to Renjun, seeing him in a bit of shock and nudged his shoulder while her grandma and Baekhyun took the twins out of the carriers, wanting to finally interact with them.

"You okay?" She asked him and he nodded, now completely brushing out his small thought about Baekhyun.

"Sooyeon, what's this kid's name and why is he sticking his tongue out at me?" Baekhyun asked as he held Yejun up who giggled. Sooyeon and Renjun shook their heads.

"Jisung." They both muttered.

"His name's Jisung?"

"No, it's Yejun." Sooyeon clarified and Baekhyun furrowed his brows.

"Then why'd you—"

"Our friend Jisung taught him that." Renjun said and Baekhyun formed his lips into an 'o' shape before laughing.

"Let me meet him one day. I bet he's funny." Baekhyun said with a smile and Sooyeon nodded.

Everyone conversed at the table from random topics to random topics. Their conversations were interrupted a few times from the waiter who was doing their job but it wasn't a big deal since they just went right back to talking.

"So tell me Renjun," The grandmother began, taking Renjun's attention away from his food. "How is Korea?"

Renjun had just finished telling them that he was from China so of course, they were all curious on his thoughts on the country.

Renjun held a finger up to indicate a 'please wait' as he chewed his food. He then swallowed it and began to speak.

"It's honestly not that bad. I really enjoy living here and I'm glad I get the chance to. Of course, there are many times where I miss my family in China and times where I have thought about going back but now that I have my soulmate and the twins in my life, I wouldn't trade it for the world. Meeting her in this country was my last reason to stay, after my friends and stuff." Renjun said and Sooyeon smiled softly. It was obvious the boy had strong feelings for her and she adored it.

"That was.. beautiful." Baekhyun said while wiping the fake tears away which made everyone chuckle slightly.

Everything was going perfect until two certain people walked through the doors of the restaurant.

Sooyeon was the first to notice their presence and her smile immediately fell. She looked at them, scared eyes making their appearance once again and a small trembling starting to occur.

However, Renjun held her hand and was able to feel her tremble. He immediately looked at her and the direction she was staring in and his blood began to boil.

"What's the matter?" Baekhyun asked the two, finally noticing their expressions and turned the way they were facing as well and his mouth fell agape before anger rushed towards his veins at the sight of the people he hated.

Eunsoo and Chiwon looked at Sooyeon as well, ready to laugh until they saw Renjun with furrowed brows and Baekhyun with an obvious anger on his face.

"I'll be right back." Baekhyun said as he stood up and walked over to the couple, a fake smile on his face as he asked them to go outside with him which the did, fear in their bodies.

Renjun and Sooyeon's grandmother immediately went to comfort Sooyeon, both knowing how sensitive she was and how panicked she could get at just their sight.

Sooyeon believed herself to be lucky with the family she had gotten. Her grandmother was very understanding when she found out why she wanted to move to Busan with her and welcomed her with open arms. She could never hate her granddaughter for sending explicit pictures, especially since she was coerced.

She was thankful to have the both of them and a single tear slipped out of her eye as she assured them she was fine. Her grandmother gave a quick kiss to her cheek while Renjun did the same on the other side. Sooyeon smiled at the feeling and gave them both a quick hug before turning to where Baekhyun took the couple.

There, she saw their fright-filled faces as Baekhyun yelled at them, arms flailing around at every exclamation he made.

Eventually, the two ran off back to their car and Baekhyun appeared back in the restaurant with a satisfied look on his face which made Sooyeon smile.

"What'd you tell them?" She asked the second he sat down and Baekhyun gave a small shrug.

"Just some things.. You know how I can file a lawsuit because they have child pornography on their phones and ruin their lives. Just a little bit." Baekhyun said and Sooyeon smiled, thankful to have a brother who would be there for her.

At that, they all continued with their meal in peace, all while Sooyeon and Renjun held hands, loving the comfort of one another.

Renjun smiled as his soulmate ate happily. He was glad she was with him and glad she was the one that was picked to be his soulmate. His heart always fluttered with the smallest smiles she gave him and he knew he loved her and it was without a doubt.