Chapter 5: That Night

It was probably 10 o'clock but the whole team had turned in for the night and were now peacefully sleeping in their sleeping bags.

Today was a great day because most of the team had been able to show up and besides Sugawara's cooking was mouth-watering.

But Kageyama was most confused about his conversation with the former setter.

"Suga-san can i ask you a question?"

"Sure"

"So suppose you have a like a person who is your friend and you don't know if they like you back or not what do u-"

"It's about Hinata isn't it?" Suga cut him off mid sentence clearly enjoying the sight of an embarrassed Kageyama.

"Umm probably" He responded his cheeks a few shades darker than a tomato.

"I think you should tell him because he looks at u like you are the best thing that happened to him. Try telling him in a straight-forward way because the way you beat around the bush is hilarious." The gray haired boy first out laughing at the end giving the setter a pat on the back. His eyes had a sympathetic look on it though.

He didn't know why but Kageyama felt a sudden urge to have a stroll outside and feel the cool breeze against his face.

Glancing at Hinata, he saw the boy sprawled over the ground constantly moving.

The spiker was probably asleep so he crept outside with little to no sound except when he attempted to open the zipper of the tent which made a loud "rreep" sound

Great now the tangerine was shifting in his sleep.

Kageyama hurried outside so that he would not be caught.

The clearing was illuminated by a thousand different stars dancing and twinkling against a canvas of navy blues and grays. But he couldn't see the sky clearly because of all the tress surrounding him.

The sky almost didn't look real.

Gazing at the stars, the boy noticed that some of the stars had a bluish color while the others had a yellow tint. Some of them were bigger and the others were just pinpoints of white.

The night air was very still but it was cool enough to distract Kageyama from his troubles.

Suddenly there was a crunch of leaf behind the ravenette.

Whipping around to check if it was a wild animal or not, his eyes grew wide as it was none other than Shoyo Hinata who was smiling at him after getting caught.

Speak of the devil.

"You caught me Kageyama. I wanted to scare you..." he pouted.

"Why are you out here in the woods? Go back to sleep Hinata"

"I could ask you the same question."

The setter then just explains that he could not fall asleep so he decided to come out and have a stroll in the fresh and cool breeze.

"Oi let's climb that hill i wanna get see how the stars look from the top since we both cannot fall asleep right now" The orange ball of energy said jumping up and down pointing at the hill which was not much of a hill but a mound of earth about 6 to 7 meters high.

After climbing up with ease he glanced down and see Hinata struggling to climb up.

Even if Kageyama didn't make too much effort to be nice to people, he wasn't cruel so he helped a coughing and wheezing Hinata up.

"You should take better care of yourself or else you are gonna get sick dumbass" He sighed pulling the smaller boy on top of the 'hill'.

"I am taking care of myself it's just some breathing problems and thats it."

The setter gave a disapproving look to his spiker but settled beside him as he gazed up at the stars.

"Kageyama are you gay?"

If choking on air was possible then Kageyama would have probably choked on it but he turns and gives the smaller boy a flustered look.

"W-what are you t-talking about?" he managed to stutter.

"It's written all over your red face. SoOoOo who is it?" He asked bursting into a fit of giggles.

"It's no one dumbass. Who told u anyways?" He said half glaring at the human tangerine.

" Well Sugawara-senpai let it slip about you being flustered over a crush on a boy"

There was a long awkward silence between the two of them which Hinata broke by saying "You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to."

Glancing once more he saw the stars twinkling in Hinata's big hazel eyes.

"You know when I was little, my dad used to sit with me on the balcony and we both would just look at the stars and he would tell me the names of the different constellations. Natsu was a baby so mum was busy with her. She didn't join us but when she did i would feel happier and more excited and tell her all I learned from dad. He is so busy nowadays and he is usually away on business trips but i sometimes sit with Natsu after giving her volleyball lessons. It's not the same but still i enjoy looking up at the night sky. I wonder what's really out there."

"I don't know maybe nothing." Kageyama said with a broken voice. He was kind of jealous that Hinata got to have a great childhood which he didn't have the luxury to have.

Hinata noticed the change in his tone and he leaned closer to Kageyama almost inches away from his face.

"I don't know what hurt you but I'm sorry"

Kageyama took his chance and connected his lips onto Hinata's as his lips softly brushed against the smaller boy's one. He snaked his arm around the the boy's waist as Hinata fell into his arms.

The tiny one broke the kiss panting and smiling "So you like me huh? Guess i should've known."

He lifted his shirt showing his small but sculpted body.

But what caught my eye wasn't that.

"You have been my soulmate all along and you didn't even tell me. YOU DUMBASS!"

Isn't this adorable? TwT