Chapter 3: Camping Trip

"What trip?" Kageyama questioned scratching his head, confusion written clearly on the features of his face.

"No one told you?" Hinata said giggling "If u weren't so intimidating maybe someone would have told you"

"Shut up, you prick and continue about the trip." He stated glaring daggers at the curly haired boy.

"So next week after the prelims Daichi-san invited some of the Karasuno graduates and the third years to a camping trip."

"Does that include Tsukishima?" Kageyama whispered so that Tsukki couldn't hear but 'four-eyes'  seemed to hear the question anyways .

"Why do you hate him so much? I mean sure he is salty and all but he is still your teammate" Hinata murmured settling in the back seat of the bus they were taking to the gym.

Kageyama plopped himself beside the spiker and scream-whispered "Why? Do you like that asshole of a bastard?"

"No he has been nicer recently" Hinata continued as he smiled widely with the brightness of a thousand suns.

The setter looked away because he could feel blood rushing to his cheeks.

Hinata noticed the sudden change in posture but didn't make a comment about it.

The rest of the car ride was very quiet because the freak duo were not at each others' throats like usual but seeing the scenery whirring past them through the window

"Well, we are here so i think we should focus on the game." The ravenette stated in his usual even tone.

The prelims had gone very smoothly and Karasuno had won the finals against Date Tech and soon it was the day of their camping trip.

Kageyama didn't know why he had agreed to walk to Hinata's house to pick him up but he liked to think that the reason was that he wanted to beat Hinata in a race to Sugawara's house.

He woke up a bit too early so now he could take a morning stroll instead of jogging as usual.

The spiker's house was not so far away but it was near the mountains and he himself liked hiking so it was not an issue for him.

Knocking on the door of the red-head's cozy little home he could see a familiar bush of fluffy orange locks.

It was not Hinata but Hinata's younger sister who opened the door.

"You must be Kageyama-san, let me call ni-chan wait right here." She said all in one breath. She also had the bright aura Hinata gave.

Tapping his feet on the hardwood floor and crossing his arms across his chest was not a great way to pass time waiting for that tiny asshole to come.

There were noises of things falling down coming from deep inside the house and redhead's sister was screaming at him to get ready quick and his mom was probably packing some things for him.

How lucky he was that his parents actually appreciated him.

Kageyama grew up with his grandfather who was a volleyball coach and lived near Kageyama's house. He looked up to his grandpa a lot. His parents wanted him to become a doctor or a lawyer but he was never interested in those stuff nor was he good in studies. They criticized him for his love for volleyball and always threw malicious comments at how he was never going to be a successful volleyball player. But his grandfather always believed in him. He encouraged him and told him one day he was going to be successful and all his efforts are gonna pay off. Kageyama soon grew sick and tired of these remarks and moved in with his grandpa.

Unfortunately his grandfather passed away in his first year of middle school. The setter could clearly remember his horrifying middle school days. His parents forcing him to study and his talented senpai refusing to teach him how to jump serve.

No one cared about him much.

Starting high school had been a relief as he had moved in with his elder sister who was the only nice one in his family and she welcomed him in. He found new friends who cared about him and a place where he could be himself with his volleyball idiots.

The shorty showed up in a ridiculous oversized hoodie which had mickey mouse on it and a pair of normal-looking shorts.

"Don't you dare laugh at me Kageyama or I will kill you!" He said his face a few shades lighter than beetroot.

Forcing his laughter to stop and almost choking on air, The setter tried hard but in the end he burst in a fit of giggles.

"You know you look like a murderer when you are laughing like that."

This earned Hinata a tight slap on the back of his head as Kageyama walked out.

The morning breeze blew at the taller boy's face making his straight black hair flutter in the air.

He glanced at Hinata who seemed to be skipping merrily beside Kageyama.

" Oi Kageyama-kun, loooooook" The orange ball of sunshine spoke jumping up and down.

Looking sideways, he saw a keychain which looked like kirby but it was kind of like a crow version of it.

"OH MY GOD I HAVE TO BUY THAT IT'S SO CUTE." he said stuffing his hands in his pocket probably to take out a wallet but after a few minutes of shuffling his small hands came out empty.

The spiker was pouting doing the puppy-eyed look on Kageyama basically shooting sparkles with his eyes at the poor setter.

"I don't have any money on me." Kageyama lied through his teeth.

The orange one's smile instantly vanished as he looked down.

The setter felt sort of guilty but he wouldn't waste his money on a stupid keychain.

"Let's go Sugawara's house is right around the corner" he stated dragging the dumbass along with him.

Poor Hinata and his Kirby keychain.