Chapter 16 - Daisy

Daisy knocked on the boys' dorm. "Boys? I know it's boys' night, but is my jacket in there? Lils and I are going to walk around the school and it's cold," she said. It was quiet inside. Oddly quiet. No one responded to her and there was no movement. She opened the door. "Boys?" she repeated, looking around the deserted room. She walked over to Sirius's bed and grabbed her leather jacket, but the thought never left her mind, They had lied to her.

She thought about walking down to her room, but she fought the urge and walked back to the girls' dormitory. Maybe Sirius had a good reason for lying to her. Still, it was all she thought about the whole night.

...

Daisy walked down to the common room the next morning. Sirius was on a sofa. He looked exhausted. She casually walked over to him and sat down next to him. He looked over at her, completely exhausted, and wrapped his arm around her. She resisted the urge to shove it off and curse him out. "Good morning, love," Sirius said hoarsely, something that didn't go unnoticed by Daisy.

"Good morning," she replied quietly. He must've noticed that something was wrong, so he kissed her cheek softly. Daisy couldn't help but wonder who else those lips had touched last night.

"How'd you sleep?" Sirius asked her.

"Fine," she replied simply before looking him in the eye. "What about you? You look like you didn't get a wink of sleep."

"Yeah, we stayed up pretty late," Sirius told her. He watched her for a moment. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," she replied.

"I love you," he said, pulling her closer to him. Daisy didn't pull away from him. She could feel Sirius watching her as she stared at the crackling fire. She rose her hand and rested it on his upper thigh.

"What'd you do last night?" Daisy asked, looking up at him with a smile as she gently squeezed his thigh. He winced slightly, confirming her suspicions. He slept with someone else.

"Darling, what's wrong? Did something happen?" Sirius questioned her.

She sighed and looked back at him to see his expression as she said, "I went into your dorm last night to get the leather jacket." Sirius's whole face dropped and he went pale. "Where were you?"

"F*ck. I knew this would happen," Sirius muttered. "I can't tell you, Daisy."

"Can I guess?"

Sirius sighed. "Go ahead."

"You went and shagged some girl," Daisy stated.

"No!" Sirius shouted. "Daisy, I didn't-"

"Stop lying, Sirius! You're exhausted, so you obviously didn't want to stop, your groin is sore, and your voice is hoarse because-"

"Daisy, I didn't shag anyone!"

"Then what did you do last night? What is so important that you can't tell me?"

Sirius buried his face in his hands. "I can't tell you, Daisy. I wish I could, but I can't," Sirius repeated.

"This is ridiculous. I finally trust someone after- Nevermind. I'm done," Daisy told him.

Sirius looked up at her. "Daisy, please-" he started, but Daisy shook her head and went back up the stairs to the girls' dormitory. Daisy quickly gathered her things, keeping her leather jacket on Lily's bed. She wanted to get away as soon as she could.

"Woah, what the f*ck, Daisy. What are you doing?" Lily said, waking up. Daisy shook her head and looked around the room. "Are you crying? Daisy, what the f*ck happened?" Lily asked her.

"Every f*cking boy is the same," Daisy muttered.

"What do you mean?"

"They act like they love you and make you trust them, but then they go and f*ck your best friend."

"Who f*cked Lily? Or did someone f*ck Peter?" Marlene butted in.

"He probably f*cked you," Daisy told her.

"Oh sh*t," Lily mumbled as she turned back to Daisy who threw her bag over her shoulder. "Daisy, Sirius didn't shag anyone last night."

"How would you know?" Daisy asked her.

"I know what they do for boys' night."

"Then what do they do?" Daisy urged her.

Lily stared at Daisy. "I can't tell you."

"Fantastic," Daisy muttered as she stood up and walked to the door. Lily followed her out with the leather jacket.

"You forgot your leather jacket."

"It's Sirius's," Daisy told her, quickly walking down the stairs. James and Peter were in the common room with Sirius, both of them look terrified. Daisy figured out why as Sirius threw a textbook across the room and started cursing. James and Peter looked over at Daisy and ran over. "Leave me alone," Daisy told them, quickening her stride. They followed after her.

"Daisy, none of us even touched a girl last night," James said, grabbing Daisy's arm and pulling her back. She didn't say anything. Suddenly, Peter wrapped his arms around her and brought her into a hug. It was the best hug that Daisy had experienced. She wrapped her arms around him and started sobbing into his shoulder.

"It's okay," Peter quietly said, "You're okay." He let go of her and quickly grabbed Lily and James back. "Go fly, little butterfly."

Daisy cracked a weak smile. "Thank you Doc Ock."

"Yeah, yeah. Now hurry. I'm not that strong." Daisy wiped her tears from her vision and ran off to the Hufflepuff common room. She tried to avoid talking to anyone the rest of the day. However, she did end up talking with Grant who ended up casually mentioning Sirius. Daisy ended up cursing him out and storming away. Peter also came over to her during dinner. He sat with her for a while. Daisy expected him to bring up what happened and try to convince her that Sirius didn't do anything, but he didn't. He talked to her normally. It was nice. At one point, Peter offered to let her sleep in his bed because Doc Ock could still be running rampant in her room. Daisy laughed softly but declined the offer.