Chapter 1 - Daisy

Daisy looked out the window as the train came to a halt. Her best friend, Regulus Black, immediately stood up and grabbed their trunks from the overhead bin. "Alright, Dais. Remember, you are a halfblood," he told her for the millionth time. Daisy nodded at him shortly.

"Yeah, yeah. I know because lying is a good thing," Daisy mocked with a smile as she took her trunk from Regulus. Regulus rolled her eyes playfully at her.

"LOOK AT ALL THESE FILTHY MUDBLOODS!" a voice was heard from outside the train. Daisy stepped back over to the open window and looked out.

"And that would be my mother," Regulus told Daisy sheepishly. "Hence why you have to lie."

Daisy nodded in a daze. "I'm a halfblood," she told Regulus.

"I'm sorry, Dais. It will all be over soon. Only a month and then you get to go back home," Regulus reminded her. He then opened the compartment door and led the way off of the train. As they took the last step off of the train, they saw James Potter and Sirius Black laughing and joking to the right of the them.

Daisy hadn't talked to the two of them. She found them intimidating and rude. Remus and Peter were much more pleasant. In fact, she was fairly good friends with Peter after they had met at a Hogsmeade trip the previous year.

"There's the idiot I call my brother," Regulus groaned. Daisy laughed and looked over at Sirius one last time, he had said something to make James laugh — not like that was unusual. Sirius's eyes landed on Daisy and a smirk spread across his face. Blood rushed to Daisy's cheeks as she quickly looked away and followed after Regulus to where his mother would be.

The woman that Daisy had seen from the compartment window pulled Regulus into a hug. She was tall and thin with a hollow and pale face. It was like looking at a ghost. "You must be Daisy," she said, turning to Daisy after she pulled away from her hug with Regulus. Daisy nodded quickly and set down her trunk so she could wipe her sweaty palms on her skirt. "Regulus has told me so much about you. We are all very excited to have you stay with us for the next month."

"I'm excited too," Daisy replied awkwardly, forcing a smile that probably looked incredibly fake.

"Did Regulus say you were a pureblood?" the woman asked.

"Um... No. I'm a halfblood, ma'am."

"Better than a filthy mudblood," the woman tried to joke. Daisy looked over at Regulus who was clearly letting out a fake laugh. Daisy followed his lead. "Well, what a shame. Looks like you can't marry her, Regulus."

Daisy has to hold in the urge to gag at the thought of marrying Regulus. He was like a fourth brother to her... In a way.

"Regulus, go get your brother. Kreacher, take their trunks home," the woman ordered. A bald creature with huge ears stepped out from behind the ghost-like woman and took both Regulus's and Daisy's trunks away before snapping and disappearing. Regulus nodded at his mother before quickly walking away, leaving Daisy with his crazy mother.

"I'm Walburga by the way," the woman spoke up. "You can call me Miss Black though." Walburga pulled up the sleeve of her glove and smiled at Daisy, making goosebumps line Daisy's arms.

"It's nice to meet you," Daisy replied, smiling softly back at her before turning her attention back to the floor. A moment later, Daisy let out a sigh of relief as Regulus walked over with James and Sirius.

"What's he doing here?" Walburga snarled. Daisy looked up to see her glaring at James.

James shrugged with an arrogant smirk. "We figured we would propose a trade. Sirius for um..." James looked over at Daisy who watched him curiously. "Her."