Chapter 8 - Daisy

The rest of the month was filled with quidditch, pranks, staying up until the sunrise, and dancing around James's humongous room as he played muggle music. However, soon it was time for Daisy to go back home.

Sirius walked into Daisy's room as she started to pack her things back into her trunk. "Hey, Williams. I- What are you doing?" he asked, frozen in his spot.

"Packing my things," she replied simply, glancing around the room. Sirius tossed her bucket hat over to her. "Thanks."

"Why are you packing?" Sirius asked her.

Daisy looked over at him as he laid down on her bed. "I'm going home today."

"You're-" Sirius stopped and stared at her with his lips pursed together. "Can't you stay?"

"I have a family," Daisy reminded him. "I haven't seen them in months."

Sirius sighed. "What are their names?"

"My younger brothers are twins, Harry and Tyson. They're fifteen. Mark is my older brother. He's seventeen."

"Your parents were busy for a few years."

Daisy looked over at him and let out a laugh. "It's nice with all of us so close in age. I mean... I bet we're a nightmare at times. But we're all best friends."

Sirius smiled at her and stood back up. He walked over to her. "I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to see them. For now, you should stay here... With me," he said softly, taking her hand in his.

Daisy shook her head. "Not everyone is a pureblood, Siri. Who knows how much time I have left? Who knows how much time they have left?" She looked around her room for anything she had forgotten to pack.

"Do you really think like that?" Sirius asked her quietly. Daisy avoided looking at him and stared out the window.

"How could I not? Have you been following the war? It's getting worse, Siri." Sirius didn't say anything as he watched her. "That day I hid out in my room, there had been an attack on three teenage muggle boys. I've never been that terrified before," she told him before laughing softly. "And they were in Germany at the time."

Sirius hugged her tightly. "You didn't come down until I gave you pumpkin pasties," he said softly. Daisy nodded with a small laugh again.

"DAISY! YOUR FAMILY IS HERE!" James shouted from down the stairs. Daisy sighed as they pulled away from each other.

"Do you have everything?" Sirius asked her.

"I think so," Daisy replied.

"If you leave something, I could come by your house and give it to you."

"I think I have everything. Besides, we'll see each other at school."

"Yeah, but I could also come by your house and bring it to you."

"I have everything, Siri," she told him. Sirius nodded and kissed the top of her head before picking up her trunk. He wrapped his other arm around Daisy. She rested her head on his shoulder with a smile.

"Write to me every day, Williams," Sirius said.

Daisy nodded. "I will, Siri," she replied with a small laugh. Sirius and Daisy walked down the stairs where Daisy's family was waiting.

Sirius suddenly stopped at the base of the stairs and pulled Daisy back to him. Their faces were only a few centimeters from each other. "Sorry. I didn't mean to pull you this close," he told her, awkwardly stepping back. "If you need anything, darling, anything, I will be here for you."