[1.28] fancy footwork

[1X28]

I do not own any characters/plot from this show apart from my own!

{The A-Troupe finally hits the stage at Regionals, but Riley's costume trouble may thwart the group's chance at a win.}

❝You know what? For once James and Maxie are right. I mean, we've worked too hard not to make it to Nationals.❞

'Stutter by Marianas Trench' began to play as the dancers sprung into life, performing each of the steps they had rehearsed almost immaculately. Their faces showed nothing but pure joy whilst the audience cheered and screamed for them and their moves.

"I feel awesome right now performing in front of all these people," Michelle told the camera.

Maxie grinned as she spoke, "I feel like the more they cheered for us, the more it motivated us to perform, you know?"

Tiffany began to explain, "In this first round, we're up against Annex Dance Academy."

Once The Next Step had finished their dance, the Dance Academy took the stage and went on to perform their own choreographed tap dance - all in sync.

"Teams compete one-on-one, and the judges award scores," Kate continued.

It seemed dance was over as quickly as it started, for the next thing Maxie knew, she was walking behind Michelle onto the stage to hear their score for that round; hoping that they made it through to the next one.

They all lined up on stage whilst the announcer's voice echoed through the theatre, "The judges have arrived at a decision and in their first round, The Next Step has scored eighty-six points."

At that, the dancers seemed pleased, knowing that the higher their score, the better chance they had at making it through to the next round.

"We scored eighty-six in the first round, which is pretty good," Emily smiled, seemingly happy.

Maxie nodded, "Mhm, and seen as we're scored out of one-hundred, getting an eighty-six means we got eighty-six per cent. I dunno how relevant that is, but I'm too nervous and my brain has become mathematical."

The Next Step then exited the stage to make room for Annex Dance Academy to walk on to hear their score. 

Eldon sat nervously as he explained, "If they score higher than eighty-six points, we're cut immediately."

"Annex Dance Academy scores eighty-four points. The Next Step moves to the second round and Annex Dance Academy is eliminated from the competition."

At that, the dancers let out a breath of relief in knowing that they were moving on before giving curt nods to the mildly disappointed Annex studio as they exited the stage.

"It must be disappointing leaving this early on in the competition," Maxie frowned, before shrugging it off, "But it's their problem, not mine."

Michelle smiled, placing her arms on the armrests of the chair as she told the camera, "I'm so happy we won our first round. Now, we just have to win four more head-to-head dance-offs, and then we will be the Regional Champions."

As the group prepared for their next head-to-head round, Chuck and Stacey were commenting on what had just gone down up in the podcast area.

"First-round dance-offs continued here at the Absolute Dance Regionals," Chuck stated firmly.