[1.21] break stuff

[1X21]

I do not own any characters/plot from this show apart from my own!

{Daniel has doubts about Giselle's dangerous new routine, but Michelle thinks it will put them on the map at Regionals.}

❝Not that James would think of that. He has like two brain cells and all they say is 'Riley' and 'shawarmas',❞

The troupe were watching from the side of the studio whilst a group of talented Indian dancers, dressed in beautiful, elegant outfits performed for them.

"Bharatanatyam dancing is a very expressive dance style originating from Southern India," Michelle explained, "I brought in these dancers because they are so expressive and emotional, and that's what we need to bring into our routines."

Tiffany continued, "They have these things on their feet like, that make sound. So when they move, it just... It adds to it, 'cause they'll be doing little footwork things and it will be like 'ding-a-ling-a-ling' on the side. So it's just awesome."

"They are really, really talented," Daniel complimented, "and it seems that they're really inspiring our whole group."

Maxie smiled, "Their style of dance is so different to what any of us are used to, it's really refreshing."

Kate agreed, "It was such a great idea of Michelle's to bring in the Bharatanatyam dancers. She's really stepping up as Dance Captain."

"The only thing about Bharatanatyam dancing is they would never be able to sneak up behind you," West told the camera with a smirk, "just because you're always hearing their bells jingling and everything. So, you know, you turn around and just be like, 'Ha-Ha! I saw you'," he grinned, "Or better yet, 'I heard you.'"

As the dance came to a close, the dancers formed different, intricate positions that really showed off the culture and delicacy of the performance, whilst the rest of the studio applauded them excitedly.

"Give it up for our Bharatanatyam dancers!" Michelle cheered as the others crowded around, still applauding their guests while they left, "As dancers, I thought it'd be important to show you guys a different style of dance that we don't usually look at. Bharatanatyam dancers are..."

James immediately cut in, causing Maxie to roll her eyes as per usual, "Wait, wait, wait. Bratha what?"

"Bharatanatyam," she sighed in response.

"James you're such an idiot, man, dunno how you pulled Riley if I'm being honest," Maxie grumbled, eliciting laughter from the rest of the group, bar James himself who glared back playfully.

The boy scowled as he spoke, "First of all, Maxie, I 'pulled' Riley with my good looks and dashing charm. And second of all, where did Michelle find dancers like that? I don't even know where Bharatanathia is. Where did Michelle go?"

"Bharatanatyam is located in Southern India," Maxie clearly stated, a glint of frustration in her eye, "And I doubt Michelle travelled all that distance, she probably found a nearby studio. Not that James would think of that. He has like two brain cells and all they say is 'Riley' and 'shawarmas'," she mimicked in the best James tone she could.