[1.25] bad moon rising

[1X25]

I do not own any characters/plot from this show apart from my own!

{The A-Troupe dancers finally get to relax and just be themselves when Kate and Chris reward their hard work for Regionals with a pizza party.}

❝I actually would like to watch Mamma Mia... What? The movie is a classic!❞

The familiar sound of upbeat music rang through studio A as the eleven dancers performed their perfectly crafted routine in preparation for regionals. For weeks now the troupe had been practising relentlessly to get the steps just right, and Kate and Chris had seemed to notice.

"I think the new routine is amazing," Eldon told the camera with a smile, "I think it's the best thing we've done."

Emily continued as she went on to describe, "So many intricate moves and different styles. It feels like it's kind of a projection of everybody in The Next Step."

"It just shows how much we've progressed since the start of the dance season," Maxie added.

Soon enough, the music came to an end and the dancers all let out comments about how great their run-through had just gone.

"That was great, you guys," Emily announced, "I love the energy! You know what? Let's go home early tonight, okay?"

At that, the teens applauded, obviously over the moon about getting home and relaxing for the rest of the day.

Chloe grinned, "I can't believe Emily's letting us go early. This is not like her at all."

"This is utter madness," Maxie claimed, "I have never seen Emily this laid-back with her dance captaincy before, I feel like I'm dreaming."

"We've worked really hard and we've come so far as a team," Emily explained.

As the dancers whooped and cheered, walking to grab their bags, Chris and Kate emerged from the office, "Hey, hey, hey! Where do you guys think you're going, huh?" the woman called out expectantly, a knowing smirk on her face.

"Home?" someone told her unsurely.

"Well, yeah, they did really amazing and the energy was great," Emily confirmed, stepping forward, "So we decided to maybe..."

Kate cut her off, mimicking the blonde's lighthearted voice, "Oh, they did amazing and the energy was great."

"Energy was great" Chris echoed.

Maxie cringed, "I hope they're not trying to be sarcastic right now because it's a bit sad. I mean, at their age? Leave it to the youth."

Emily held the same expression as she spoke, "I'm a little shocked, I mean, they've never intervened in what Michelle and I say before, so why now?"

Continuing, Kate held her hand to her chin as she said, "Yeah, no, we're not done here."

"What?" almost every dancer groaned, looks of shock and confusion on their faces.

The studio heads shared a look between them before Chris whipped his head around and exclaimed, "Joking! We just kind of want to have a fun night."

"Yeah," Kate iterated excitedly, "We're going to hang out as friends, not just team-mates."

As the others cheered yet again, Maxie furrowed her brows, "Really? I was under the impression James had no friends," she joked, making everyone burst into laughter, bar James, who stood with a sour expression on his face, before he, too, broke into chuckles.